This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Don't you hate poor RPers?

#11ElaeusPosted 3/2/2013 10:48:38 AM(edited)
I don't mind RPers- I don't RP myself and never considered it, but I can see the attraction it can provide to people into this stuff.

Additionally, hating on the RPers is not the cool thing to do in 2013 since I know some people just hate RPers because of the stereo types: It is similar to be hated just for playing WoW and pairing every WoW player into drooling, fat basement dwellers. It's funny how people can be judgmental considering that everyone in my guild, a high end heroic guild, raid two to three times a week tops and are all into relationships, jobs, or both.

However I admit I find them exceptionally annoying sometimes. I made a worgen warrior once on an RP server and it was fun to watch people RPing sometimes, but nothing I would watch more than ten minutes happening. However it went down hell when I joined a guild "out of character" and the Guild Master kept annoying my ass over joining the RP events despite how I told them a hundred times that I am there only for the perks. It does not stop here. They have this annoying thing that I really hate about them is that they talk "in character" even in guild chat or when whispering you. It's a freaking game, get over yourselves and stop being creepy.

One last thing I honestly can't seem to fathom: They whine about no activities to do when it is not RP times and they are online. If you don't want to do anything, log out, or at least you know- play the goddamn game. When my lv85 warrior at the time became the most geared in guild and I ONLY ran 5hcs on him, you've gotta admit something is seriously wrong about people there. If you pay $15 just to RP then good for you- but when you are online why don't you do the actual game stuff? If you are not into that why you are even online when you don't have an RP session or whatever you call it? Log off and do something productive instead of whining about nothing to do!

Regardless all of the above, I still don't pre-judge people on what they do in a game. And that turned out longer than I expected..
---
'I am always surprised at how you, a Czech, have better grammar, spelling, and style than many native born speakers in the U.S.' -Ruvan22
#12JiruruPosted 3/2/2013 11:13:35 AM
Whispering in an RP server is obviously supposed to mean he's calling your cellphone. The technology level in WoW is more than advanced enough to have such things.
---
"It felt like the music was aimed right at me... like a missile!"
#13LatiasSAPosted 3/2/2013 11:25:21 AM
or you could just hit him up on the magic jack at the nearest inn
---
PM me about scrolls of res. I have 19 referrals left.
Okay, I never let WoW boards down before. - Left4Shaman
#14o0stoneduk0oPosted 3/2/2013 1:39:31 PM
RP is fun. You know not everyone who rps takes it so serious. I rpd a character on argent dawn in the uk, my character was a complete joke, a mishmash of all sorts of types and really, I rpd him pretty much as a comedy act. I got well known for it actually. I never broke any rules or broke character really, but it was purely silly. Its just an outlet and you can actually get very creative with it. Its amusing to rp with the more serious rpers if you play like this. I did try the more heavy side of things a couple of times but I always found myself going back into silly mode after a while. It is fun though, definitely.
---
I don't smoke dope, I don't drink bourbon, all I want to do is shake my turban. http://i42.tinypic.com/2ymvssz.jpg
#15magnusmagneticPosted 3/2/2013 5:11:02 PM
Since playing WOW is considered roleplaying (it says so on the box) , you are asking if I hate the player characters that are terrible?

That is a terrible assumption to make, shame on you and your topic.

I have questions of my own.

How many douchebags does it take to ruin your dailies when traveling in the opposite direction at 100kph on a rare mount dressed in purples if 2 died from natural causes, 1 died from boredom and 1 died from a fiery explosive diarrhea?

How many pixels can you cram into one frame without server death?
#16TloyaPosted 3/2/2013 6:22:56 PM
However it went down hell when I joined a guild "out of character" and the Guild Master kept annoying my ass over joining the RP events despite how I told them a hundred times that I am there only for the perks. It does not stop here. They have this annoying thing that I really hate about them is that they talk "in character" even in guild chat or when whispering you. It's a freaking game, get over yourselves and stop being creepy.

Why did you join an RP guild with no plans to RP? I know damn well that even RP servers have plenty of alt-loaded perk-only guilds. The GM should have kicked you if he wanted you to RP and you said you were only around for the perks.

Using /g for IC chat isn't at all uncommon, and it's usually explained by having some kind of communicator, either magical or a gnomecorder-type machine. Some guilds use /g as representing them hanging out in a guild hall and do full text RP in them rather than just talking. Generally the guild will also have a chat channel specifically for OOC talk, too. The IC whispers are either magical communication or, depending on where you are, a literal whisper. You created a character on an RP server and joined an RP guild, you've got no reason to complain about people trying to RP with you.

And I find it bizarre that you start a post with "I don't mind RPers" and then launch into a tirade on why you don't like them.

One last thing I honestly can't seem to fathom: They whine about no activities to do when it is not RP times and they are online. If you don't want to do anything, log out, or at least you know- play the goddamn game. When my lv85 warrior at the time became the most geared in guild and I ONLY ran 5hcs on him, you've gotta admit something is seriously wrong about people there. If you pay $15 just to RP then good for you- but when you are online why don't you do the actual game stuff? If you are not into that why you are even online when you don't have an RP session or whatever you call it? Log off and do something productive instead of whining about nothing to do!

I know a lot of people who do this and I admit it drives me insane. It makes recruiting for RP guilds really hard, too, because players don't have the attachment to their characters that gear/achievements/rating/etc creates, and so they'll create alts or stop playing characters on a whim. The motivation for them to keep playing, I think, is that they're already at a high enough level on their main characters that they can get transmog gear and stuff easily, whereas if they were to go RP on a free MMO they'd have to start over. Plus, WoW actually has better support for RP than most MMOs.
---
http://i33.tinypic.com/i3yr8w.png
http://i56.tinypic.com/2d9tox1.jpg
#17ElaeusPosted 3/3/2013 1:04:29 AM
Tloya posted...
However it went down hell when I joined a guild "out of character" and the Guild Master kept annoying my ass over joining the RP events despite how I told them a hundred times that I am there only for the perks. It does not stop here. They have this annoying thing that I really hate about them is that they talk "in character" even in guild chat or when whispering you. It's a freaking game, get over yourselves and stop being creepy.

Why did you join an RP guild with no plans to RP? I know damn well that even RP servers have plenty of alt-loaded perk-only guilds. The GM should have kicked you if he wanted you to RP and you said you were only around for the perks.

Using /g for IC chat isn't at all uncommon, and it's usually explained by having some kind of communicator, either magical or a gnomecorder-type machine. Some guilds use /g as representing them hanging out in a guild hall and do full text RP in them rather than just talking. Generally the guild will also have a chat channel specifically for OOC talk, too. The IC whispers are either magical communication or, depending on where you are, a literal whisper. You created a character on an RP server and joined an RP guild, you've got no reason to complain about people trying to RP with you.

And I find it bizarre that you start a post with "I don't mind RPers" and then launch into a tirade on why you don't like them.

I know a lot of people who do this and I admit it drives me insane. It makes recruiting for RP guilds really hard, too, because players don't have the attachment to their characters that gear/achievements/rating/etc creates, and so they'll create alts or stop playing characters on a whim. The motivation for them to keep playing, I think, is that they're already at a high enough level on their main characters that they can get transmog gear and stuff easily, whereas if they were to go RP on a free MMO they'd have to start over. Plus, WoW actually has better support for RP than most MMOs.

It was an RP guild but they have an OOC rank which was the rank I was given, and it was named "OOC". That didn't prevent the GM from badgering me to join events.

Also /g wasn't being used for IC communication, since some people were talking OOC, they had their own channel for IC communication (I suppose it's /officer) and some people were still being creeps in gchat and in whispers about not breaking character.
---
'I am always surprised at how you, a Czech, have better grammar, spelling, and style than many native born speakers in the U.S.' -Ruvan22
#18piplupzeroPosted 3/3/2013 6:03:24 AM
scarecrows posted...
RPers creep me out almost as much as grown men who watch my little pony.

Oh my! Now that is a tempting trolling attempt.
---
Timesplitters is the best game series ever! C/C The choice is clear.
#19magnusmagneticPosted 3/3/2013 6:38:25 AM
Tloya posted...
You created a character on an RP server and joined an RP guild, you've got no reason to complain about people trying to RP with you.

Complaining, whining, causing unnecessary grief & random douchebaggery are more prominent as game mechanics than roleplaying, unless they are roleplaying which is implied in the game genre; It's a nice little paradox isn't it.

Indifference toward roleplayers leads to the hatred which leads to an online tirade, it's all in the wow handbook.
#20ElaeusPosted 3/3/2013 9:27:11 AM
magnusmagnetic posted...
Tloya posted...
You created a character on an RP server and joined an RP guild, you've got no reason to complain about people trying to RP with you.

Complaining, whining, causing unnecessary grief & random douchebaggery are more prominent as game mechanics than roleplaying, unless they are roleplaying which is implied in the game genre; It's a nice little paradox isn't it.

Indifference toward roleplayers leads to the hatred which leads to an online tirade, it's all in the wow handbook.

Yep. All of the above.

.... Does not make sense.
---