This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is herbalism/inscription a good profession combo?

#1Dirk85UKPosted 3/3/2013 4:15:00 AM
Wondering what's better:

Herbalism/Inscription OR Mining/Jewelcrafting ???
---
i5 2500 | 8Gb DDR3 | GTX 670 FTW | Asus P8 P67 | XFX 650W | Intel 330 SSD | Dell U2711 | Creative X-Fi Gamer | Samsung Blu-Ray | Windows 7
#2ElaeusPosted 3/3/2013 5:10:07 AM
Both are good, totally up to you.

Knowing your class might help us give you a better feedback.
---
'I am always surprised at how you, a Czech, have better grammar, spelling, and style than many native born speakers in the U.S.' -Ruvan22
#3Dark VaporeonPosted 3/3/2013 5:14:36 AM
I'd say Herb / Ins for casters and Mining/JC for the more tanky persons..

You know the small passives and such..
---
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Eternity ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
When yesterday is gone, and tomorrow never comes.
#4Dirk85UK(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2013 5:27:19 AM
Elaeus posted...
Both are good, totally up to you.

Knowing your class might help us give you a better feedback.

Hunter.
---
i5 2500 | 8Gb DDR3 | GTX 670 FTW | Asus P8 P67 | XFX 650W | Intel 330 SSD | Dell U2711 | Creative X-Fi Gamer | Samsung Blu-Ray | Windows 7
#5ElaeusPosted 3/3/2013 10:30:45 AM
I prefer mining/engineering or skinning/leatherworking for hunters.

Or better yet, LW/engineering, but I understand you are a new player and initially that would be not possible.
---
'I am always surprised at how you, a Czech, have better grammar, spelling, and style than many native born speakers in the U.S.' -Ruvan22
#6Nightbird_XPosted 3/3/2013 10:37:08 AM(edited)
Just run Herbalism/Mining together IMO. In my experience, the JC market died along with Inscription. On my realm, I couldn't make anything with Inscription because production costs were generally more than the price of Darkmoon cards, as with the new patch about to come out it will probably be harder to sell cards.

DMCs are really the only way to make money with Inscription,

Edit: Go with Elaeus' suggestion of Mining/Engineering. Engineering is awesome and can make you money, though it requires a large investment of money for the things such as mounts.
---
I'm told I look a lot like Rory Macdonald - http://i46.tinypic.com/2eyf5sy.jpg
Set to WARNED status for being a Republican on 11/08/2012
#7DawnshadowPosted 3/3/2013 2:44:52 PM(edited)
Are you in the professions for money, or stats?

Basically, crafting professions are better for stats, but if you're starting from nothing you'll want gathering to get you something to work with. Gathering professions, however, tend to have weaker stat bonuses than crafting.

Engineering isn't actually good for gold. They do have their mounts, but mounts are a massive investment unless you make them for someone giving you mats and tip. If it doesn't sell, you're out thousands or even tens of thousands of gold.
---
I have a blog! Warcraft and other gamer musings.
http://oilstainedlibram.wordpress.com/