This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Did Blizzard update the character models yet?

#11inferiorweaselPosted 3/3/2013 1:58:19 PM
It's going to be part of next expansions update, since they will be updating a lot of the systems already, they figured to do it all together at the same time.

My source should somebody ask is from theinstance podcast. Which they got, i think from ghost crawler's interview with him.
---
Live and Learn / Forgiveness is Divine.
(Read those. If you still feel the same way.... Well, you are redcount. - Vyyk)
#12DamorahTalsetPosted 3/3/2013 9:00:19 PM
angrywalrus13 posted...
so the number of animations they have to prepare for them are limited.

Generally speaking, they don't have to prepare any. They just stick them on preexisting bones and their animations are already there. It's just modelwork, which, even then, isn't exactly a small job. People seem to have a perception that art (3D art, even) is trivial in grand scheme of game design. Oh man, if only.

While it's not as easy as everyone seems to think it is, it's also not as hard as you're making out to be. Just look at Second Life, the entire world is 99% created by random users doing 3D modeling of various kinds. Anyone can learn to do it at home if they have the patience.
---
I don't a fondness to Borat. I don't how it did outrageous; haven't they ever interneted? We have Goat's Sea and Celebrating Lemons. - Gandob
#13angrywalrus13Posted 3/3/2013 9:48:56 PM
DamorahTalset posted...
angrywalrus13 posted...
so the number of animations they have to prepare for them are limited.

Generally speaking, they don't have to prepare any. They just stick them on preexisting bones and their animations are already there. It's just modelwork, which, even then, isn't exactly a small job. People seem to have a perception that art (3D art, even) is trivial in grand scheme of game design. Oh man, if only.

While it's not as easy as everyone seems to think it is, it's also not as hard as you're making out to be. Just look at Second Life, the entire world is 99% created by random users doing 3D modeling of various kinds. Anyone can learn to do it at home if they have the patience.

Modeling itself isn't super duper hard, no, but if you have incredibly strict restrictions with a very small art team (who, most of the time, is working on other things), creating a stylized piece of art that has to fit into a very, very stylized universe isn't easy. It's not that the modeling itself is hard, it's the creative process and the restrictions set on it that make it difficult.

Basically, trying to force good art is hard, and that's essentially what Blizzard artists have to do. Taking that into account and taking into the account the crazy high sensitivity of the playerbase (and taking into account that this isn't being done by a dedicated team), I think it's somewhat clear why something like this is handled the way it is and takes so much time.
---
Thomx
like tommicks
#14Sir WillPosted 3/3/2013 11:02:43 PM
I think they've said they have a couple worked out but there's stilla long way to go. We won't see new models until the next expansion, if we're lucky.
---
River Song: Well, I was off to this gay gypsy bar mitzvah for the disabled when I thought 'Gosh, the Third Reich's a bit rubbish, I think i'll kill the Fuhrer'
#15teffyPosted 3/4/2013 1:54:57 AM(edited)
I'd like to point out someone mentioned clipping issues: look at the Monk's targeted casting stance on Draenei. Their lower leg clips through the upper leg while casting.

At the very least, current models need their animations redone so that doesn't happen.

Also, Pandaren Female Shaman have an issue with dress-style lower pieces where their foot is not attached to... Anything. They have no legs and the wide stance (like fist attacks) shows decapitated feet because THEIR LEGS HAVE BEEN REMOVED.

---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#16SA_X_Mk_IIPosted 3/4/2013 6:17:04 AM
*plays a Troll Druid*
*spends 95% of time in Bear/Cat/Bat/Stag Form*

I'm enjoying myself so far. ^_^
---
.: Tamoketh :: DRM is the fix no one wants, for a problem you can't avoid :.
.: You gotta be can we do you think if we can make a should just be alone? :.