This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hunters in shattered halls?

#199_red_balloonsPosted 3/3/2013 10:13:09 PM
Friend told me to do a /who shattered halls.
44 people. Every single one is a level 80 hunter.

What gives?
#2KrozardPosted 3/3/2013 10:18:18 PM(edited)
Bots most likely, although I'm not sure what SH drops that's worth farming.
I just checked myself.
US-Arthas - Horde.
24 level 80 hunters, 1 level 84 hunter.

To strengthen my bot suggestion, I armory'd a few of the hunters there.
So far they've all had the exact same talents, gear (the 232 gear you get from Scroll of Res.), and glyph (misdirection)

Still don't know what's in SH that made them choose it though.
---
this space intentionally left blank
#3Ashen_VerdictPosted 3/3/2013 10:18:13 PM
holy s***. 41 hunters, all level 80, all in shattered halls. what is going on?
---
Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you... seven asses.
http://i.imgur.com/vMmyK.jpg
#4scarecrowsPosted 3/3/2013 10:43:19 PM
Yeah I have 49 level 80 hunters in there right now. If you do a who on Halls of Lightning you'll see a bunch of 85 paladins too. If you want to have some fun go to the vendors by the halls and kill them. The bots will run around all silly trying to look for vendors to sell all their drops.
---
"Your an imbecile" - Gallusz
#5Bladez2xtremePosted 3/3/2013 10:50:31 PM(edited)
A /who brought up 7. A couple minutes later, 8. A couple more minutes later, 9. All level 80 hunters.

Edit: Searched the armory and every hunter had identical gear, identical achievement score, identical stats, and identical talents.
---
You Overlook Useful Lessons On Simple Tasks That Hopefully Engage, Gain, And Motivate Existence.
#6XtraTPosted 3/3/2013 10:50:46 PM
itt: it's 2004 and we discover bots
---
Grand Marshal/Gladiator Priest, Lightplol.
PvE gladiator holy paladin, Lightp.
#7KrozardPosted 3/3/2013 10:56:34 PM
XtraT posted...

Buy why Shattered Halls? What's there worth farming, that can't be farmed better somewhere else?
---
this space intentionally left blank
#8tote_allPosted 3/3/2013 10:57:48 PM

Or we're curious about what they're doing in Shattered Halls. It's just probably the most profitable place a level 80 can farm and not be discovered, but it's still an interesting question.

And there's 7 on my server.
---
http://i.imgur.com/4u1biRF.png
#9AceronPosted 3/3/2013 11:01:35 PM(edited)
Probably just farming the orcs inside for their silver. There are a whole lot of humanoids in Shattered Halls.

Edit: If they're all hunters, they're probably resetting the packs with feign death so that they can farm them indefinitely without ever resetting the instance.
---
Believe in yourself. Not you, that believes in me.
Not me, that believes in you. Believe in you that believes in yourself. - Kamina, TTGL
#10scarecrowsPosted 3/3/2013 11:02:57 PM
If you want to know why they're all 80, thank blizzard and their dumbass idea of giving people free level 80s. If you want to know why shattered halls, I'm going to guess someone from china ran through every dungeon on a level 80 and found that one gave the most profit with vendor and boe prices. Then found hunters to be the best for it, most likely due to pet tanking and aoe.

The forums have been making threads about this for months. Blizzard ignores them. They're only a small company, they don't make that much money. They can't afford to handle bots and customer service.
---
"Your an imbecile" - Gallusz