This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Tried to solo EoE on my Blood DK for the first time

#1TheGreatCheezePosted 3/6/2013 2:36:30 AM
I didn't dip below 90% health, but that was never the issue. That goddamned third phase and his enrage timer is the problem, I know as Blood I sacrifice damage for invincibility, but when I went Frost my Death Strike and Death Siphon didn't heal me enough to keep me alive until Phase 2. The second time I got him down to around 1000k health which seemed so close but I haven't even gotten close since. I know the mechanics aren't the issue, so should I stay Blood and just wait til I have a better ilvl (currently around 444) or try out Unholy?

I don't even know where I am right now I'm so tired, goodnight everyone plsss don't be mean I'm not as good at the game as everyone else
---
I follow people around on their slow mounts and say "CAN'T LET YOU DO THAT, STAR FOX!"
-Cereburus Q
#2Lightning BoltPosted 3/6/2013 2:39:31 AM
Stay Blood.
The rotation for the last phase is:

1 -1-2-3

Spam it over and over, and dodge crap. Don't let the dot fall off the boss, it needs to keep stacking.
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#3mybbqrulesPosted 3/6/2013 8:58:27 AM
Lightning Bolt posted...
Stay Blood.

1 -1-2-3

Spam it over and over, and dodge crap. Don't let the dot fall off the boss, it needs to keep stacking.

This. Solo it on a few toons every week. Boss usually dies around 20 stacks, that are ticking for over 100k a pop.
---
This is my new sig. It sucks compared to my old one because apparently gfaqs mods have never seen cleavage before. GG.
#4mrhighlife83Posted 3/6/2013 10:04:49 AM
The real shame about Maly is that you can't kill him in phase 1. The little bastard will just sit at 1 HP, do his RP and then fly off. You have to then get a hit on him in phase 3 to finish it up.
#5TheGreatCheeze(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 2:35:54 PM
Lightning Bolt posted...
Stay Blood.

1 -1-2-3

Spam it as fast as I can? So I should be waiting after the 1-1 while my energy regenerates for two?
---
I follow people around on their slow mounts and say "CAN'T LET YOU DO THAT, STAR FOX!"
-Cereburus Q
#6AssultTankPosted 3/6/2013 2:44:28 PM
TheGreatCheeze posted...
Spam it as fast as I can? So I should be waiting after the 1-1 while my energy regenerates for two?

Basically.
I do it like this,
3-3-3-3-3-1-1-2-3-1-1-2-3-1-1-wait for energy-2-3-1-1-wait-2-3 and so on.
---
http://wh.gov/RI5h Petition to declare Westboro Baptist Church a hate group.
John 6:53 Jesus promoting cannibalism.
#7JiruruPosted 3/6/2013 2:46:35 PM
Yeah, just wait for the energy if you have to. No need to do anything else in the meantime.
---
"It felt like the music was aimed right at me... like a missile!"
#8Ness0123456789Posted 3/6/2013 3:15:09 PM
Lightning Bolt posted...
Stay Blood.

1 -1-2-3

Don't spam, don't rush, take your time.

As soon as Phase 3 starts, stack up 5 stacks of lifebloom (3), than, follow the rotation of 1, 1, 2, than 3. As I said, don't rush. You'll ALWAYS have enough time and energy to hit 2 before the stacks on Malygos fall off, as well as hit 3 before the stacks of Lifebloom fall off on you. Also, remember that as soon as you hit 3 to refresh your Lifebloom, immediately hit 1 again to start racking up the two combo points you need on Maly before you're able to hit 2 again.

Other than that, just keep circle staffing him and following the rotation, and he'll die without you ever being in any danger of death.
---
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI
#9TheGreatCheeze(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 3:38:48 PM
Awesome guys, thanks for all the advice! I'll give it a couple shots later on and let you know how it goes.
---
-Cereburus Q
#10Lady_TygryPosted 3/6/2013 5:51:59 PM
Ness gave the most thorough explanation. Stack revivify (ability 3) to five stacks and just spam it until he becomes targetable (as soon as he's done talking).

Then you can: 1-1-2-3. You will have down time after the second rotation and that's fine. Every ability needs to be hit. In particular, you'll have about 3 seconds left on your HoT before your drake has regained enough energy to use Engulf in Flames at which point your revivify will be available with 2 seconds left on your current stack.

It's also worth mentioning that you take extra damage from Maly's proximity aura. After killing the adds, run to the outer edge of the platform before he shatters it and just fly up a little but don't get any closer. This keeps you close enough to hit him but far from the aura. Granted, I don't know if this is as much a concern at 90 but it was a must on a lot of my 85s as surge of power was enough to slowly wear me down that I needed to avoid the extra damage.
---
I understand the need for conformity. Without a concise set of rules to follow, we would probably all have to resort to common sense.