This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Leveling is faster now because of Guild Wars 2 competition

#1Q_SenseiPosted 3/6/2013 5:31:05 AM
That's what my friend said the other day.

I was talking about how leveling up is super fast now and she was like "You know why it's so fast now?"

And I was like "Because the level cap is level 90?"

"No, it's because of Guild Wars 2! They're worried about losing subscribers because you level fast in THAT game."

http://www.wallpapersdesign.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Facepalm-Bear.jpg
---
http://i.imgur.com/Gel15.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GOZjlwIwfk&ob=av2e If you click my sig, make sure you watch at least 60 seconds.
#2vahndragonwingPosted 3/6/2013 5:32:36 AM
So simply explain to your friend that the increase in leveling speed has been happening every expansion and the HUGE jump in leveling speed was almost 3 years ago now

Then tell her to stop being stupid, because her statement doesn't make sense.
---
3DS Friend Code: 3050-9023-0902 - Ender
Pokemon White 2 Friend Code: 3440-1140-5876 - Ender
#3Q_Sensei(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 5:36:34 AM
vahndragonwing posted...
So simply explain to your friend that the increase in leveling speed has been happening every expansion and the HUGE jump in leveling speed was almost 3 years ago now

Then tell her to stop being stupid, because her statement doesn't make sense.

Earlier this year they got all hyped about GW2 and I kind of jumped on that hype train with them. They thought it was finally the thing that will beat WoW.

I played it. Didn't like it. Wrote a review about it.

They're still in denial I think.

The biggest problem I had was that I used to play WoW with them and I thought GW2 was a good chance to spend more time with them. It turns out that that game is probably one of the most anti-social multiplayer games I've ever played.

You don't share Quest goals. Instancing was glitched, and when it wasn't it wasn't fun because it was just tank and spank nonsense. Basically there was no reason to play with them and as a result it wasn't very enjoyable.

GW2 did make me miss WoW though and it's the reason I came back :P I hadn't played since Burning Crusade, and LFD was enough to make me stay.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Gel15.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GOZjlwIwfk&ob=av2e If you click my sig, make sure you watch at least 60 seconds.
#4HakPosted 3/6/2013 5:37:44 AM
I call shenanigans. You play WoW and have female friends... like that's going to happen ;)
---
In the book, it says He created us to be just like Him. So if we're dumb, then God is dumb, and maybe a little bit ugly on the side. - Zappa
#5vahndragonwingPosted 3/6/2013 5:38:41 AM
Oh, I own it.

I stopped playing when I realized that (at the time) I was going to have to go between the like, 3-4 level appropriate zones to find out which hearts and skillpoint quests weren't broken.

It was alright, I just don't like how the hardcore GW2 people get. They're... intense.
---
#6schmarkenheimerPosted 3/6/2013 6:26:41 AM
vahndragonwing posted...

It was alright, I just don't like how the hardcore GW2 people get. They're... intense.

[Insert internet tough guy copy pasta]
---
Post of the ****ing year. - crimsyn_76 Best. Example. Ever. - Veliconis
Epic. - Xade76 Want to run that by us in English instead of Derp, champ? - pies12
#7vahndragonwingPosted 3/6/2013 6:29:40 AM
schmarkenheimer posted...
vahndragonwing posted...

You probably were never even a navy seal!

No but on this subject, somebody posted that (I assume you're talking about the Navy Seal confirmed kills bit) on a ststus update of Dane Cook's and people went NUUUUUTS. 12/10, it was awesome to watch.
---
#8HakPosted 3/6/2013 6:32:20 AM
vahndragonwing posted...
schmarkenheimer posted...
vahndragonwing posted...

You probably were never even a navy seal!

No but on this subject, somebody posted that (I assume you're talking about the Navy Seal confirmed kills bit) on a ststus update of Dane Cook's and people went NUUUUUTS. 12/10, it was awesome to watch.

Wonder who Cook stole it from.
---
In the book, it says He created us to be just like Him. So if we're dumb, then God is dumb, and maybe a little bit ugly on the side. - Zappa
#94sakuraHa0Posted 3/6/2013 6:49:13 AM
Hmm, leveling is part of the gameplay.
I enjoy leveling, seeing new players(or alts), questing together, making friends, parting ways and suddenly meeting them again in a raid where they become main tanks or main healers.

Shh, I feel like an old guy. T___T
---
If someone post "I don't care", they actually care VERY much.
If they DON'T care, they WON'T bother posting.
#10vahndragonwingPosted 3/6/2013 6:59:47 AM
Hak posted...

Wonder who Cook stole it from.

No, it was actually some random guy on one of Cook's statuses. The status it'sself was, much like Dane Cook for the past several years, largely forgettable.
---