This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do you feel about all the changes Blizz does to classes and the game overall

#1xLexLuth0rxPosted 3/6/2013 12:18:56 PM
How do you feel about all the changes Blizz does to classes and the game overall - Results (73 votes)
I love that they keep trying to improve the game
47.95% (35 votes)
I'm ok with it, some are fine and some are meh
32.88% (24 votes)
I really hate that they happen so often
5.48% (4 votes)
I stopped playing because they couldn't stop f***ing with the game
10.96% (8 votes)
I haven't played in a long time so I can't say
2.74% (2 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I think one of my issues with the game is that every time I take a break and come back, there's a mountain of stuff to relearn especially since I have so many alts. I don't specifically fault Blizz for this as it's my fault for leaving but it definitely can keep me from enjoying the game and not subbing for another month.

Do you guys like that they are always messing with the game and constantly tweaking it or do you wish they'd just let it stay like it is for a good year or longer?
---
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist..."
Nintendo Network ID - LexLuth0r (please add me)
#2AllGodsDiePosted 3/6/2013 12:44:22 PM
It's actually important that they do this in mmorpgs. If they leave it in a permanent state the game gets stale. Plus, its incredibly hard to find perfect balance. So naturally changes are going to be constantly happening regardless.
---
Xboxtags-KarmaRetention/Pebble7880.
Steam-Allgodsdie
#3Egxamer1Posted 3/6/2013 1:39:18 PM
I would rather be wasting my time playing a game where the engineers and designers actively spend the time to listen to the player base, do their own extensive research and adjust the game accordingly to the best of their ability periodically than play a game where once its put out that is it and if there are any bad mistakes or issues you are told to just deal with it.
---
I am slaying all the bosses, I am winning all the dailies, I am doing all the dps, I am dating Mila Kunis, I am killing all the arenas, I belief in my Smelf.
#4ryanell666Posted 3/6/2013 2:22:16 PM
This argument has been around since vanilla beta. This is MMO life in any game. Even if they get close to balanced, you'll have some theorycrafting nerd stacking stats proving they aren't balanced, and if it not that, it's some baddy that can't master their rotation and blames "imbalance" as the problem. Blizzard will do what they can to balance until the next expansion where new boss will be introduced and skills and abilities will be retooled to fit the raid mechanics the throw it into another "imbalance". THEN any new classes in that expansion that will be designed to be massively OP in order to appeal to players to create that new character and infuse the population with said new class....

Point is, you can't win here. Best to choose a class you like based on style of tanking/healing/DPS, and roll with it. Unless you are of the weasle-types that needs to be OP compared to other players, in that case start a new character. It's pretty easy to get to level cap and epic'd out within a month.
#5PaukenPosted 3/6/2013 7:26:03 PM
Blizzard is pretty good about relative balance tbh. There has yet to be a patch where any of my characters were changed so much as to be 100% unplayable. Difficult to perform at top tier efficiency, yes, but not impossible. I feel that their tinkering isn't a bad thing given that Blizzard knows how NOT to unbalance one class way too much.

This is in opposition to Games Workshop, whose new edition of Warhammer (the tabletop game, not the video game) completely broke the Lizardmen; they're apparently still playable, but they now require a VERY specific set of units to compete with even the lowest tier armies...if you don't use that combination you WILL lose. Even WoW shamans can claim SOME usefulness with a not-quite-perfect gear and build combination; Blizz has never released a patch that reduced a class to total uselessness for more than 1 week at most (hot fixes ftw), which not many games, video or otherwise, can claim if they're continually tweaked.
#6Adalwolf69Posted 3/6/2013 8:42:21 PM
I was just 12 or 13 when i started playing wow, right before BC came out. I was asking my older brother for help left and right. Just recently my 9 year old sister asked to play and i made her a mage and let her go at it. She had no problem getting to level 10 lol I just dont like that they made the game soooo much easier.
---
Q:Why are you bangging your head on the wall?
A: Because it feels good when i stop :)