This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So there's something troubling me...

#1Viper114Posted 3/7/2013 10:42:31 AM
According to Blizzard, the schedule they want to follow for patches is 2 months for a content patch and then 4 months for a raid tier patch. So the schedule has been and will be:

Sept. 25 - MoP releases
Nov. 27 - Patch 5.1
Mar. 5 - Patch 5.2
May 2013 - Patch 5.3
September 2013 - Patch 5.4

Now, Patch 5.4 is supposed to be the Siege of Orgrimmar and the finale of the expansion, or so it's been said. If that is so...what are we going to be doing for several months to a YEAR after?

It's safe to say the next expansion will be revealed at this year's Blizzcon, but each expansion goes through a 2 year cycle, and we've only done 6 months of MoP, with the the expansion supposedly concluding in September, 1 year after release. I just don't see what to do for a whole year if 5.4 is the finale...
---
"We are all legends...our only choice is how to end the tale."
#2zmknightzPosted 3/7/2013 10:59:50 AM
Shower and go outside.
#3ROBOT_DINOSAURPosted 3/7/2013 11:25:37 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4zero_x300Posted 3/7/2013 2:56:16 PM
You'll get what you got at the end of TBC, WoTLK, and Cata. A whole lot of squat. Enjoy.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaKAomQTLbc
#5angrywalrus13Posted 3/7/2013 3:09:10 PM
Who said MoP will last a full two years? Who said 5.4 will be the last content patch?

Considering how atypical MoP has been already, I don't think looking at past expansions is a good way to predict what's going to go down. We have nothing to go off of now that they've been far more successful at churning out content patches than they've ever been.
---
Thomx
like tommicks
#6magnusmagneticPosted 3/7/2013 3:34:38 PM
zmknightz posted...
Shower and go outside.

^This guy giving out commands to go outside from a computer, I can actually see nothing but irony.

Give it a rest Capt. Grumpy Pants...

Oh and...I don't recall hearing WOW being installed in showers.. but it wouldn't surprise me.
#7Egxamer1Posted 3/7/2013 4:08:28 PM
angrywalrus13 posted...
Who said MoP will last a full two years? Who said 5.4 will be the last content patch?

Considering how atypical MoP has been already, I don't think looking at past expansions is a good way to predict what's going to go down. We have nothing to go off of now that they've been far more successful at churning out content patches than they've ever been.

^This
Blizzard pulled in 1.1 billion during 2012 and still handed some personal their walking papers so i imagine that while the money is there they wont be bothered to keep to this idealistic timetable and continue to fall further and further behind. So be it, im in no hurry.
---
I am slaying all the bosses, I am winning all the dailies, I am doing all the dps, I am dating Mila Kunis, I am killing all the arenas, I belief in my Smelf.
#8angrywalrus13Posted 3/7/2013 4:17:41 PM
I don't think that was quite what "this" was leading towards.
---
Thomx
like tommicks
#9Egxamer1Posted 3/7/2013 4:33:45 PM
angrywalrus13 posted...
I don't think that was quite what "this" was leading towards.

Wally i agree i should have worded that better, what i meant with ^This was i was agreeing with what you posted and wanted to include with mine that blizz is
1. Greedy
2. Made plenty of money this last year
3. Has the ability to hire and maintain the people necessary to keep the kind of schedule they told us the player base they were going to hold.
4. Status Quo remains unchanged
5. Muffins remain the greatest breakfast available
6. Dailies suck
7. Elaeus is one hot momma
8. $$$$ Profit
9. *Its a secret shhh*
10. If i could make a troll that looked like The Breaker i would be horde forevermore mon ;)
---
I am slaying all the bosses, I am winning all the dailies, I am doing all the dps, I am dating Mila Kunis, I am killing all the arenas, I belief in my Smelf.
#10angrywalrus13Posted 3/7/2013 5:01:41 PM
4. Status Quo remains unchanged

I'm unsure if this is what you mean, but if you're saying they haven't delivered on the faster content business (ie, status quo is unchanged), then that is awfully silly of you to say, looking at MoP.

You said they won't be bothered to push things out faster, but they already have (and they've recently outlined a bit of how they're continuing to do so with the extra hands they've gotten and the organization of it all to make it happen), so I'm not sure what you're saying outside of the typical "blizz <3s money" thing, which granted is true, but they're a little smarter about how they acquire their money than that.
---
Thomx
like tommicks