This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pugs need to start showing some courtesy

#1SarneckiPosted 3/7/2013 11:05:07 AM
Last night was the last straw. It used to be that most of the time, people I pugged would be generally okay. As of late, it's become more of a mish-mash. My last three pug runs were entirely disasters.

I have some simple rules when I pug;

- must have full clear experience on one of their characters (I will also armory that character)
- must be fully, properly gemmed and enchanted
- roughly 470 for MV, roughly 480 for HOF & Terrace

If a person meets these guidelines I will pug them.

How is it even when requiring full clears - meaning the people I'm pugging KNOW what's required to clear the raids and what would be required of them - do I get so many people who drag the group down?

Two MVs I've run have stalled on Elegon because the idiots I pugged can't dispel people, because idiots I pugged don't reset their stacks and die, because idiots I pugged are pulling 50k dps in 470 gear gemmed and enchanted ON ELEGON.

The HOF I did last night stalled on Garalon because even when explicitly demonstrating how to trade off pheromones (one person continue down the line, the guy who just had it run to Garalon) BOTH people ****ing continue down the line. Or people don't stack together in the melee group for healers. Or someone is called to start moving towards the pheromone guy at 15 stacks - still isn't there when he hits 20 - find out he was half way across the ****ing room and is just getting there now at 28.

When I kick people and attempt to replace them, I'm very rarely able to get the run back off the ground in part due to my medium pop server but in part due to no one wanting a god damn Elegon or Garalon run.

If I pugged you, you know the encounters. You know what's expected of you and of the raid to succeed. Which means YOU KNOW YOU AREN'T READY FOR IT ON THAT CHARACTER. WHY are you pugging on that character, knowing full well you'll be dragging the group down? Show some ****ing courtesy to the people you'll be pugging with and don't pug when you aren't ready for normals.

/end rant
/taking a long break from making pugs
---
Let's go where the Raptor goes, to the Mountain in a cosmic glow
We'll have a genuine terrestrial show - On a mountain, on a mountain
#2HeftybagsPosted 3/7/2013 11:17:02 AM
Join a guild.
---
I watch Cops with no pants on.
#3Brig123Posted 3/7/2013 11:38:58 AM
It's not lately, its always been that way: ie people are teh dumz.

I ran a casual guild in Wrath and early Cata so I had a rotating roster of regulars and oftend had to fill spots. The pugs were always like that, doing terrible dps/hps, no experience/expecting carries, rude when approached about obvious problems, 'my guild does it different' guy, stands in bad fire guy, doesn't stand in buff areas or stack when needed, complains complains complains, fights over every piece of loot, despite loot rules being discussed beforehand, and so forth for 2 years >_<

I actually had a tank try to JUMP into Ignis furnace (the one in the back of the room) when I told him to tank the constructs in the scorches.
#4PanzerscrapPosted 3/7/2013 5:51:34 PM
Yea, you can't "put your foot down" with demands about pugs, my man. If you want to avoid possible bads, you have two choices: guild runs, or nothing.
#5ljgfPosted 3/7/2013 6:15:10 PM
Earlier today I was doing Temple of the Jade Serpent as a tank because I wanted the bonus rep. A couple of the dps players were constantly running ahead and pulling everything. I quit after the rogue used sprint and ran ahead to attack Wise Mari, getting there just in time so that I was locked out by the barrier he puts up at the entrance to the room. It's not even that I was being slow, they were just super impatient and refused to say anything.
#6gamefaqwatcherPosted 3/7/2013 6:37:23 PM
I labelled my self as pug this expansion. Been a pug with this guild (One of our server's alliance only few top guilds) for two months now. They want me back because i am decent and i want to run with them because they're decent. They have asked if i would like to join their guild a few times and to send in an app. Only reason i decline is because i'll be going mia for a while.

Pugs should understand that when you leave a good impression you'll be invited next time or to other future events. I'd rather get whisper's to join groups then to try and find one myself :P
---
You're the hero Gamefaqs deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
#7JonnieWestPosted 3/7/2013 9:33:34 PM
People actually dispel on normal Elegon? News to me.
---
That's five minutes of my life I'm never getting back...
#8AsthalothPosted 3/7/2013 9:38:21 PM
gamefaqwatcher posted...
I labelled my self as pug this expansion. Been a pug with this guild (One of our server's alliance only few top guilds) for two months now. They want me back because i am decent and i want to run with them because they're decent. They have asked if i would like to join their guild a few times and to send in an app. Only reason i decline is because i'll be going mia for a while.

Pugs should understand that when you leave a good impression you'll be invited next time or to other future events. I'd rather get whisper's to join groups then to try and find one myself :P

"Hey, we're headhunting because we know what you can do, but we want your CV anyway so we can know what you can do."

Wat.
#9Lightning BoltPosted 3/8/2013 3:00:37 AM
ljgf posted...
Earlier today I was doing Temple of the Jade Serpent as a tank because I wanted the bonus rep. A couple of the dps players were constantly running ahead and pulling everything. I quit after the rogue used sprint and ran ahead to attack Wise Mari, getting there just in time so that I was locked out by the barrier he puts up at the entrance to the room. It's not even that I was being slow, they were just super impatient and refused to say anything.

You're supposed to do that dungeon in 4 pulls. If the dps even COULD get so far ahead as to lock you out, then you were going way too slow.
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev