This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Players going AFK during boss battles should get autokicked

#11EDarienPosted 3/7/2013 7:13:01 PM
I'm sorry, what were the disadvantages? I just really didn't see any in your post. How would it take longer to gear up when you have 2 characters leveling together (speeding up process) as well as running together and sharing greed rolls for upgrades?

I can see where you're saying that the new system in LFR where you're really only rolling against yourself doesn't hurt anyone. That's a good point and I forgot about that fact. But a healer and cloth DPS can very much roll on similar gear. Warlock and Priest for instance. Also, not everyone who dual-boxes does it your way. Perhaps you don't abuse the system, but that doesn't meant it isn't possible and that others aren't be screwed because of it. If the potential exists, rest assured humanity will find a way to abuse it and screw someone over for their own gain. Not everyone, but history speaks for itself of humanity as a whole. It's evolutionarily beneficial for us to do so, despite any "moral" qualms some may have. We're all driven to cheat or otherwise gain an advantage over our own kind.

It's very possible for people to go in, 2 plate DPS and get a plate tank. It's even likely with 3 plate Tanks and 2 leather tanks. Also possible, even probable this expansion, for someone to dual-box with 2 monks or a monk + other leather class, in those groups with leather tanks. They might even be the tank + dps.

Again, it's not an indictment of you, specifically, but where the potential exists for exploitation, some people will always take it. And I see no disadvantages, other than loss of RL currency, to dual-boxing opposed to playing it as intended. Also, while a raid leader is likely to know, there is no guarantee that s/he will know if two ranged DPS are dual-boxed. Possibly similar for 2 melee. Tanks/healers are certainly easier to see, but also I would think that someone using their dual-box to gain advantage would do their best to blend in, meaning two of similar types.
---
On a scale of 1 to Voldemort, he's a "Doesn't have a nose, but doesn't know Evada Kedabra." - RAGEface14
#12GForceDragonPosted 3/7/2013 9:15:15 PM
I'm AFK in a raid right now!
---
"It's like some twisted variant on rule 34. If it exists, someone takes it way too seriously. No exceptions." - Aceron
#13Slyk90Posted 3/7/2013 9:32:26 PM
GForceDragon posted...
I'm AFK in a raid right now!

After actually reading this entire thread and seeing this I can sleep happily
---
/\/ / /\/_/ /\ G A I D E N
#14XxMistahKrazyxXPosted 3/7/2013 9:32:45 PM
This whole topic reminds me of doing Firelands last year on 25m heroic and the guy leading the raid went off on someone in vent about how he didnt know mechanics and things like that.

The guy apologized and said he only did the boss a few times. then the leader goes off, "Well thats why you study the bosses, read the lore, if you wanna be good at this game you need to devote all your time to it. I've played this game for years, i know EVERYTHING about it."

then the other dude, "Well this is just a game, and I have a job, which takes up most of my time, but i try when im able to play"

leader: "Well thats your problem right there. if you had more time to play you'd be in heroic gear like i am. All those hours you spend working, i spend kicking ass in Azeroth!!"

everyone started laughing... and about 20 ppl dropped group
#15inferiorweaselPosted 3/7/2013 10:16:45 PM
they should get auto kicked when they go into afk status, i have seen some players NOT get auto booted for afking on empress.
---
Live and Learn / Forgiveness is Divine.
(Read those. If you still feel the same way.... Well, you are redcount. - Vyyk)
#16TloyaPosted 3/8/2013 12:01:38 AM
Not sure if you saw it, but there's another thread here about Blizzard disabling /follow in arenas and BGs to help combat multi-boxing.

This is false--the disabling of /follow in PvP was entirely to curb the use of bots; hurting multiboxing was a side-effect deemed acceptable since multiboxers tend to cause people grief in PvP--whereas they don't in PvE.
---
http://i33.tinypic.com/i3yr8w.png
http://i56.tinypic.com/2d9tox1.jpg
#17piplupzeroPosted 3/8/2013 12:39:19 AM
zmknightz posted...
Really tired of the "So sick of unoptimized..." "How dare you AFK on short hour plus fight?" "everyone has to know every bit of the raid beforehand" elitist bs from some of the WoW players.

Expecting every class to have virtually the same build is asinine. "Fun?! We don't play games for fun! We play to maintain our peak DPS at all times!"

... vomit.

You should do some research on the raid in question. Thats not other players being elitest, thats other players being right. Everyone benefits from some pre-fight reading so stop being a burden to any group you enter. Yes AFKing during a fight is bad, of course it is. In what world is starting a task then sitting there doing nothing for ages a good thing?
Other players dont expect perfection but we expect you to have a minimum, reasonable level of compitence.
---
Timesplitters is the best game series ever! C/C The choice is clear.
#18c0sa n0straPosted 3/8/2013 12:42:33 AM
Know your class, pull your weight, and god forbid you check some of the boss' abilities before you enter a raid, lazy scum.
#19Lightning BoltPosted 3/8/2013 1:52:07 AM
Jesus wept!
I knew new people had some strange attitudes towards raiding, but I didn't think that being told to not go afk midfight would ever be considered elitist.
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#20AssultTankPosted 3/8/2013 10:54:38 AM
EDarien posted...
I'm sorry, what were the disadvantages? I just really didn't see any in your post. How would it take longer to gear up when you have 2 characters leveling together (speeding up process) as well as running together and sharing greed rolls for upgrades?

I can see where you're saying that the new system in LFR where you're really only rolling against yourself doesn't hurt anyone. That's a good point and I forgot about that fact. But a healer and cloth DPS can very much roll on similar gear. Warlock and Priest for instance. Also, not everyone who dual-boxes does it your way. Perhaps you don't abuse the system, but that doesn't meant it isn't possible and that others aren't be screwed because of it. If the potential exists, rest assured humanity will find a way to abuse it and screw someone over for their own gain. Not everyone, but history speaks for itself of humanity as a whole. It's evolutionarily beneficial for us to do so, despite any "moral" qualms some may have. We're all driven to cheat or otherwise gain an advantage over our own kind.

It's very possible for people to go in, 2 plate DPS and get a plate tank. It's even likely with 3 plate Tanks and 2 leather tanks. Also possible, even probable this expansion, for someone to dual-box with 2 monks or a monk + other leather class, in those groups with leather tanks. They might even be the tank + dps.

Again, it's not an indictment of you, specifically, but where the potential exists for exploitation, some people will always take it. And I see no disadvantages, other than loss of RL currency, to dual-boxing opposed to playing it as intended. Also, while a raid leader is likely to know, there is no guarantee that s/he will know if two ranged DPS are dual-boxed. Possibly similar for 2 melee. Tanks/healers are certainly easier to see, but also I would think that someone using their dual-box to gain advantage would do their best to blend in, meaning two of similar types.

Well, the main disadvantage comes into play in dungeons. Especially when you're running with two of one class. You have to get the same drop twice instead of just once. This can be quite annoying for certain drops. -.-
I agree that people will try to cheat others, but that isn't just a problem with multiboxers. That's just a problem with people. It'll happen if your friend queues with you to roll on gear for you too. Which of course is very easy to do.

But also, if you're dualboxing it's far harder to follow some fight mechanics. For example, using /follow will cause some issues on any fight where the boss has to be moved if you're melee. Any boss where you have to spread out causes problems for ranged /follow multiboxers.

And remember, the system that Blizzard uses for queuing attempts in all cases to make groups where there is at least one of each armor type. So if you're using two leather classes, the game attempts to get a plate, a mail, and a cloth. But if you have two cloth, it tries to avoid putting any more cloth wearers in the group. It isn't always perfect, but it does help.
---
http://wh.gov/RI5h Petition to declare Westboro Baptist Church a hate group.
John 6:53 Jesus promoting cannibalism.