This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Oh hey, the new ship-based questgiver hubs can be easily raided by gankers.

#1RentedToolboxPosted 3/7/2013 3:58:13 PM
While the greatest mage in Azeroth just sits there and watches. Meanwhile, Kirin Tor underlings in the field can cloak themselves in protective invisibility fields. World pvp is fine and all, but that doesn't make any darn sense.
#2MakahtynoPosted 3/7/2013 10:28:12 PM
PvP happened on a PvP server? Cool.
#3RockeignPosted 3/7/2013 10:59:06 PM
I'm on Emerald Dream, a server famous for it's world PvP.

Isle of Thunder was damn near unplayable for the Alliance for the first day. A big WPvP guild saw fit to gank and camp the entire starting area in a full raid group. Once you got past them it was easier to quest but there were also wannabe guilds who ran with 10-15 man death squads across the isle. If I wasn't a Night Elf who occasionally stealthed in the corner when I saw them coming, I'd have never got my questing out the way.

.. And it took me 4 hours.
---
[ ----------- ----------- ----------- ----------- ]
http://i47.tinypic.com/5c0mk7.png
#4Lightning BoltPosted 3/7/2013 11:40:53 PM(edited)

Glad you got what you asked for at least.

PVE servers aren't doing too badly with that whole "no mounting" thing either.
I accidentally pulled a mob with 118M health last night without looking (see big dino, kill big dino), and by the time I killed him there were nearly 20 people of both factions around helping me. Never would have happened normally, they'd have just flown over me and not noticed.
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#5RentedToolbox(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 5:14:46 AM
Rockeign posted...

Isle of Thunder was damn near unplayable for the Alliance for the first day. A big WPvP guild saw fit to gank and camp the entire starting area in a full raid group. Once you got past them it was easier to quest but there were also wannabe guilds who ran with 10-15 man death squads across the isle. If I wasn't a Night Elf who occasionally stealthed in the corner when I saw them coming, I'd have never got my questing out the way.

I'm on ED too. Times like these make me totally regret rolling on a pvp server, but my beloved guild and 10 alts live here so I deal with it. I was just annoyed that the ship bearing Jaina didn't have better defenses. Interestingly, the ganking died down at around 8 server last night so I guess all the jerks go raiding then.
#6IdTheDemonPosted 3/8/2013 8:38:37 AM
I'm so glad I moved to a PVE server. After playing PVP for the last 8 years, I wanted to quest without running into a mini raid of Alliance.
---
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmane/ceejay/simple