This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Having a really hard time on my hunter.

#1Subby33Posted 3/7/2013 9:53:24 PM
Trying to gear up my hunter for PVP. I have the BOE set, and about 4 pieces of new season gear. Obviously, not geared up much, but I should still have some sort of difference in a fight while I'm gearing up.

This is the first class I have played where I feel fairly useless.

I feel like I barely put a dent in most classes. Hybrids are just insane with their healing capability, and a lot of classes have some sort of shield cooldown. Warlocks have really good self healing, DK's, the same, shadow priests/shamans/druids, all have great self heals even in a DPS spec . . . yet for me to get one heal I have to go Beast Mastery, get a spirit pet, for a HOT that is "meh".

I've max lvl'd a lot of classes, and this is the first class where I got to 90 and I am just really underwhelmed. I'm not sure how these hunters are doing it. Yha you guys may say I'm a bad player and all that, but I'm really not. I just see other classes having a lot more damage output than me with a LOT more self defense, especially hybrids.

Is it just the gear gap? Or is hunter kind of meh compared to other classes who have more defense at their disposal? I'm kind of at a loss here.
#2nimatoda666Posted 3/7/2013 11:48:52 PM
It's the gear if not the skill gap. Go bm and wreck face, if you are a good hunter we are top tier.
#3shawn10000000Posted 3/7/2013 11:48:58 PM
Hunter is very gear dependant, and is one of the average classes right now despite what people say, they can be annoying for melee and mages to fight but ultimately can kill them with ease. Don't let that discourage you, though, just be prepared for alot of hate from bad players. When you get your weapon and about half your gear you'll start doing a fair bit of damage.
#4nimatoda666Posted 3/8/2013 12:13:08 AM
shawn10000000 posted...
Hunter is very gear dependant, and is one of the average classes right now despite what people say, they can be annoying for melee and mages to fight but ultimately can kill them with ease. Don't let that discourage you, though, just be prepared for alot of hate from bad players. When you get your weapon and about half your gear you'll start doing a fair bit of damage.

Bm is one of the average specs right now? Really what kind of pvp are you doing?
#5Subby33(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 1:18:24 AM
Thanks for the feedback. Gonna stick with it until I gear up
#6Subby33(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 2:56:04 AM
Went Marksman instead and got my new bow.

Yha . .. think I'll stick w/ MM for now. Maybe I'll try out BM when I get all geared up, but for now MM is doing the dmg I need to get through the resilience.
#7CacofiendPosted 3/8/2013 7:16:16 AM
I enjoy both BM and MM for PVP but I have to say BM has a lower skill cap than MM that's probably partially contributing to it being so fotm right now.

TC - may also be worth you looking at a new hunter glyph that heals you for some health whenever you disengage. I was casually using it other day ago on my dailys and was hitting around 25k per jump which wasn't too bad.
#8nimatoda666Posted 3/8/2013 8:20:02 AM
Cacofiend posted...
I enjoy both BM and MM for PVP but I have to say BM has a lower skill cap than MM that's probably partially contributing to it being so fotm right now.

TC - may also be worth you looking at a new hunter glyph that heals you for some health whenever you disengage. I was casually using it other day ago on my dailys and was hitting around 25k per jump which wasn't too bad.

Yeah disengage for 5 percent health is worth picking up, especially after marked for death is baseline. And by new bow you mean pve or your conquest bow? If its your pvp bow try out bm because it really isn't close in terms of damage, and that pvp weapon boosts your dps like crazy
#9Subby33(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 2:09:54 PM
Right now I'm rolling w/ Spirit Bond, Improved Chimera for more heal, and disengage

So I'm regening pretty good right now.

not sure if I'll switch it up but for now I like it. May get rid of spirit bond and get improved hawk.