This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How seriously do you take LFR?

#11ryanell666Posted 3/9/2013 11:05:21 AM
As I've always said before, "LFR = shut up and get me loot!"

I really don't care how it's done, I don't care if I stand in the fire and die.....if the 24 other people in the raid can kill the boss...I'll get my loot, badges, and quest completion anyways.

As the saying goes, "Don't hate the player, hate the game."

...actually since the player wanted the LFR in the game in the first place (as per my postings on another thread), I suppose you can hate the player too...those who cried about wanting the LFR were to stupid to see how this "Pandora's Box" was going hurt player relationships.

..so I'll just say, again, "Reap what you sow".

disclaimer: I really don't play like that, but honestly LFR doesn't inspire anyone to be good at this game.
#12fan360Posted 3/9/2013 11:06:01 AM
The loot drop rate is crap now, not as good as DS.
#13TloyaPosted 3/9/2013 12:17:09 PM
I take it seriously the first couple of weeks after a wing is available.

Once everyone knows the mechanics and you're guaranteed to win every fight on the first try though I start phoning it in--doing nothing but focusing Jan-Xi and Qan-Xi on Emperor's Will, etc.
---
http://i33.tinypic.com/i3yr8w.png
http://i56.tinypic.com/2d9tox1.jpg
#14LightElfPosted 3/9/2013 12:21:17 PM
Afk through trash, then top charts on bosses

Rinse, repeat
---
http://i462.photobucket.com/albums/qq344/lightelf1337/hotchick.jpg
http://i462.photobucket.com/albums/qq344/lightelf1337/whitepeople.gif
#15reaper329Posted 3/9/2013 1:41:58 PM(edited)
I'f I'm trying to get gear upgrades, I take it fairly seriously...I'm generally calm and collected, but I will try to politely sort out whatever's going wrong, say for example people not hitting the damnable button on Ultrax. No need to get angry over it. People have to learn.

Now speaking honestly, you get about 3 polite points of advice before it becomes a matter of "Hey (your word here), hit the damn button," but that's me.
---
Emergency. Induction. Port. - Tali
#16InfestedAdamPosted 3/9/2013 1:37:27 PM
I kinda treat it like a guild run raid and do everything but use consumables. I'm sure it is easy enough that a few people can slack off and the run won't fail still but I don't want to get myself into that mentality.

Being a healer it will stand out even more if I don't pull my weight since there are typically only 5-7 healers at most.
---
"You must gather your party before venturing forth"
"Go for the eyes Boo! Go for the eyes!"
#17bobiscool138Posted 3/9/2013 1:47:41 PM
i afk trash a lot unless it's an AoE pull because i like seeing high numbers

i'll do my best on bosses though
---
Trolling = Having a different opinion than the person who marks you.
#18TheAncientMonkPosted 3/9/2013 2:01:04 PM
InfestedAdam posted...
I kinda treat it like a guild run raid and do everything but use consumables. I'm sure it is easy enough that a few people can slack off and the run won't fail still but I don't want to get myself into that mentality.

Being a healer it will stand out even more if I don't pull my weight since there are typically only 5-7 healers at most.

This is the exact same for me. I always do my best but I do not use consumables.
#19LatiasSAPosted 3/9/2013 5:16:27 PM
being a dps allows me the leisure of auto attacking a boss while I eat or play another game, occasionally drop my raid-effecting cooldowns or do some quick burst with all of my cds popped at once before letting it sit back at afk-attacking.

and I still out-dps people.
---
PM me about scrolls of res. I have 19 referrals left.
Okay, I never let WoW boards down before. - Left4Shaman
#20metroidfreakv4Posted 3/10/2013 3:49:55 AM
I take it very seriously just because I am just a competitive person. I gotta be number one or up there in a lot of things. Plus, it's a lot easier to guide idiots, when you yourself don't look like one on charts. Just incase you wipe on a boss, which doesn't happen often this tier.

But if the raid is under control, ill sometimes use that time to text or whatever and stil generally top healing. One great thing as a shaman is spirit link totem makes a lot of things trivial. Like the trash in TOT, to the second boss, drop SLT and it's non existent damage and your doing a supposed 114k heals per second. Same applies for 25m lfr. Bads don't get in turtle shells on first boss, pop spirit link and call it a day!
---
WotLK ending cinematic: Arthas:Father.....is this over?....
Father:no my son....the raid resets next week.. Who noticed I fixed the Typos? only took 4 years :)