This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can't start battle pet battles

#1AlarKharPosted 3/9/2013 4:18:33 AM
I got my first battle pet today... a cute green crane. The trainer gave me a mission, to find and battle another pet... but no matter what wild pet I go after, whether squirrel, fawn, frog or lamb, it keeps telling me that it "can't start pet battle". Am I doing something wrong?
---
"Platypi are the ultimate cure for sadness" - me.
#2AceronPosted 3/9/2013 11:04:46 AM
Have you put the pet into your battle pet party?
---
Believe in yourself. Not you, that believes in me.
Not me, that believes in you. Believe in you that believes in yourself. - Kamina, TTGL
#3AlarKhar(Topic Creator)Posted 3/10/2013 1:07:13 AM
...I think.
I opened the battle pet window, and there were a couple of areas, the "currently summoned" area and the one with three small windows, two of which currently locked, In the one open window there was my second pet, a walking log thing, that I switched with the crane. Not sure if there are OTHER battle windows, I looked all over for instructions and it gave me none.
Still no luck.
---
#4KresselackPosted 3/10/2013 2:53:18 AM
http://i.imgur.com/I6mrwke.jpg

See Battle Pet Slots where the Scourged Whelpling etc. are? That is where you may need to drag your pets from the list on the left. If you've never touched pet battles, you should only have one slot, and will quickly unlock the other two as you level up/fight.
---
Ave, magistros. Ave, registrus. Ave, leodastus. Ave, mendaxas. Illius animos. Illius vellenas. Illius fortens.
http://i.imgur.com/Uz5MDiR.png
#5AlarKhar(Topic Creator)Posted 3/10/2013 3:31:39 AM
...I did.
My pets are there, and yet when I right-click on a Wild Pet the game gives me a "Can't start pets battle".

...let me guess, battlepet battles are for paying players only and I've been wasting your time - and mine.

But then, why even let trial players get a mission that they can't do?
---
#6vahndragonwingPosted 3/10/2013 5:30:39 AM
Because the amount of work it would take to remove select quests from the game ONLY for trial users would be more time consuming than noting that you can't do it in the trial restrictions.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/world-of-warcraft-starter-edition-account-faq

Players on Starter Edition game licenses have the following restrictions:

Characters cannot exceed level 20, 10 gold, and 100 trade skill ranks.
Characters cannot participate in Pet Battles.
Chat communication limited to say and party.
Cannot send whispers unless the Starter Edition character is on the recipientís friends list, or unless the Starter Edition character is replying to a whisper.
Cannot trade, create or join guilds, invite players into a party, or disable experience gains.
Cannot use the mailbox or Auction House.
Voice chat and Real ID features are disabled.
If there are login queues, the system will prioritize players who have full accounts.
Starter Edition accounts are not eligible for value added services (character transfers, faction changes, etc.).
---
IMO