This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

WTB Karma system.

#1ryanell666Posted 3/9/2013 12:00:34 PM
Since the LFR is ruining player relationships more than helping, you think Blizzard should add a Karma/ranking system to help match-make good and bad players? - Results (172 votes)
Yes (Blizzard needs to enhance player relationship in the game)
34.88% (60 votes)
Maybe (can't see how, I'd be open to it if it's viable)
27.33% (47 votes)
No (Shut up and get me my loot, before I have to feed my 5 kids and go off to work for 10 hours tonight!)
37.79% (65 votes)
This poll is now closed.
just asking a question.
#2Ruppe21Posted 3/9/2013 12:12:04 PM
They will never do this.
They won't exclude paying customers from content.
#3TheGreatCheezePosted 3/9/2013 12:14:59 PM
I would like it, as long as there was a reward for having high karma. I got told I was the most polite player this person has ever met on WoW so far, I don't think I've ever done anything in-game to deserve bad karma. There's no reason to be a douchebag in this game.
---
I follow people around on their slow mounts and say "CAN'T LET YOU DO THAT, STAR FOX!"
-Cereburus Q
#4ryanell666(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2013 12:22:16 PM
Ruppe21 posted...
They will never do this.

Who said people would get excluded?

You'd just wind up playing with people of your own (*ahem) skill level.

The only bad thing I'd see is that baddies can't get carried through the content anymore, and they have to step up to keep that ranking high to be with the good players.
#5cute_latino009Posted 3/9/2013 12:22:48 PM
Wouldn't work. Players would abuse the Karma system to either get a high karma or give a player a really bad karma rating.

Maybe complete anonymity of the player should be held until the completion of the dungeon or raid. So you'll have "Priest 1", "Mage 3", etc. Then you rate on performance, rather than knowing who the player is beforehand. Queuing with friends would prevent you from rating on another.

Would need a lot of work.
#6B1g_ClownPosted 3/9/2013 12:28:01 PM
ryanell666 posted...
Ruppe21 posted...
They will never do this.

The only bad thing I'd see is that baddies can't get carried through the content anymore, and they have to step up to keep that ranking high to be with the good players.

That's the point. Imagine the qq all the bads/afkers would cry if they all get matched up together(though it would be funny and deserved). They will get nothing done lol. They would whine ALOT more than the people whining about them. Blizz would get stressed and probably /wrist.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjJi5xhAOzQ
#7ryanell666(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2013 12:45:20 PM
cute_latino009 posted...
Wouldn't work. Players would abuse the Karma system to either get a high karma or give a player a really bad karma rating.

Maybe complete anonymity of the player should be held until the completion of the dungeon or raid. So you'll have "Priest 1", "Mage 3", etc. Then you rate on performance, rather than knowing who the player is beforehand. Queuing with friends would prevent you from rating on another.

Would need a lot of work.

It could work, but I'm not saying you are wrong. The topic is a hypothetical based on "if" there was a perfect karma system in place.

Preventing abuse of that system would be a highlight in creating such a system.

Perhaps allow the system to give points based on positioning during a phase, or the amount of dps, or healing, or aggro taken/given relative to the needs defeating of the boss.

It is possible IMO
#8Wookie_Is_BackPosted 3/9/2013 12:58:06 PM
Ruining player relationships?
#9ryanell666(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2013 1:05:18 PM
Wookie_Is_Back posted...
Ruining player relationships?

Considering (as of now) 40%, vote for "shut up and give me loot",... What do you think?
#10Darom SunyataPosted 3/9/2013 2:31:56 PM
ryanell666 posted...

One of the pitfalls of online gaming/MMOs is that it's no longer treated as an escape, and so now because we have to play with others it invites crass, heartless social darwinism like this quoted statement from the tc.

Of course, nobody can be talked into basic human decency.

So question, tc: what would it take to get you to see your fellow man as equals even if they are less skilled or strong or hard working than you?
---
of the Cult of Tharja