This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

WTB Karma system.

#31ryanell666(Topic Creator)Posted 3/10/2013 8:49:27 AM
Wookie_Is_Back posted...
ryanell666 posted...
Wookie_Is_Back posted...
Ruining player relationships?

Considering (as of now) 40%, vote for "shut up and give me loot",... What do you think?

I think that's perfectly fine. I don't see how anything is ruined.

Well, it's going get ruined for you once I kick you off my coat-tails for being a mooch.....if the opportunity ever presents itself.
#32Wookie_Is_BackPosted 3/12/2013 9:55:31 AM
ryanell666 posted...
Wookie_Is_Back posted...
ryanell666 posted...
Wookie_Is_Back posted...

Considering (as of now) 40%, vote for "shut up and give me loot",... What do you think?

Well, it's going get ruined for you once I kick you off my coat-tails for being a mooch.....if the opportunity ever presents itself.

You're still not answering my question.
#33ryanell666(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2013 3:21:03 PM
Wookie_Is_Back posted...
ryanell666 posted...
Wookie_Is_Back posted...
ryanell666 posted...
Wookie_Is_Back posted...

You're still not answering my question.

40%....baddies on coat-tails....

answered it twice now.
#34LostoutPosted 3/12/2013 6:04:40 PM
Jesus Christ, NO! Why don't you just play with friends in a Guild to avoid all the "bads"? Honestly, sounds like you're treating most of the game like a lobby just waiting on queues to pop, which is where your need for a karma system comes from.

LFD/LFR is nice but it shouldn't be the sum total of your interaction with other players that sounds like it would suck tbh.

Here's an idea for a karma system; run LFD if you find some competent/entertaining players add them to your friend list and run with them again sometime. Bonus points for queuing/ friending people on your own server.
---
I am as awesome as a bear high fiving a shark in space during an explosion.
#35Wookie_Is_BackPosted 3/12/2013 6:15:15 PM
ryanell666 posted...

answered it twice now.

No, you haven't. I asked how any of that translates to ruined relationships.
#36halomonkey1_3_5Posted 3/12/2013 6:16:08 PM
I'd prefer an almost XBL style "preference" system, tbqh. You pick your preferred style of speed/seriousness/skill/etc from some options(for the speed example, you could pick "fast as possible", "not too fast or slow", "slow" and "relaxing") and then you'd get matched with people who picked the same options(unless its a super long queue, in which case you'll be match with just whoever is ready) and other players can rate you similarly, and Blizz would adjust your speed/seriousness/etc based on feedback. That way people who want to take things slow can find other people who want to relax instead of a getting a tank who wants to go as fast as possible and a healer who wants things to move slower.

I dont think a numerical karma system would work because it would promote abuse against players you dont like(I.E. some guy took "your" drop so you(and friends/guildmates/alts) downvote him into the ground, so he gets stuck with bad players even though he's done nothing wrong), but a preference for the style of play you want would help everyone(no more tanks trying to speed up/slow down the rest of the group, or DPS trying to pull for the tank, etc).
---
Billy Mays: July 20, 1958 - June 28, 2009
The Greatest
#37EDarienPosted 3/12/2013 7:42:01 PM
Lostout posted...
Jesus Christ, NO! Why don't you just play with friends in a Guild to avoid all the "bads"? Honestly, sounds like you're treating most of the game like a lobby just waiting on queues to pop, which is where your need for a karma system comes from.

LFD/LFR is nice but it shouldn't be the sum total of your interaction with other players that sounds like it would suck tbh.

Here's an idea for a karma system; run LFD if you find some competent/entertaining players add them to your friend list and run with them again sometime. Bonus points for queuing/ friending people on your own server.

This is inherently flawed. You're asking people on an online-only video game to interact, socially and/or slightly beyond the parameters of structured communication, with one another. For those who aren't so socially inept, one still runs into the fact that most of the rest they'll be trying to interact with are. I can't even count how many times I've had good runs with people and tried to talk a little with them to establish rapport and add to a friend list of sorts. It very rarely, if ever, works.

That said, I forget the mechanics on adding people who aren't on your server. I don't think it's possible. This further cuts down on one's ability to connect with people without exchanging a "real ID" type of request, which I for one will not do with anyone I don't know IRL.

I get your point, and don't entirely disagree. However, your delivery is rude and your facts possibly (or my facts given my inability to remember right now) off on what is and is not possible for interaction and secured future interactions.

When it comes to RL, I had a few friends who played this game. One and her husband don't even have internet anymore. Another stopped playing almost all video games except the occasional tournament at work, one was an ex of mine, so that's a no-go even if she does still play (VERY doubtful, though) and another is an ex of my first, married friend. If nothing else, loyalty to my friend precludes me from contacting and playing with him. Other than those, none of my other friends have ever had the slightest interest in WoW, despite our other shared interests and interactions. The same is likely true for a large portion of the playerbase, especially those who aren't the typical "basement dweller" and "neckbeard" player. And, at 8-10m subs, more subs are likely from people who aren't the typical GameFAQs crowd than are, so your advice completely ignores a large portion of the playerbase, as well.
---
On a scale of 1 to Voldemort, he's a "Doesn't have a nose, but doesn't know Evada Kedabra." - RAGEface14
#38ryanell666(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 12:10:28 PM
Wookie_Is_Back posted...
ryanell666 posted...

answered it twice now.

Really? How blue can the sky be for you to see that it is blue?

Nobody wants to play with mooches, simple. You going stand in the side lines, while the rest of the raid is in position doing what they can alone? why make a player relationship with you, when you are a baddie?

And even if we could kick you, there is still 40% of the players who don't care other than mooching off the players who can and are willing to play.

A karma system would help match like minded people together. Elites that get to business, Average people that play for fun and progress, and hopefully bads that can inspire to play better, or play something else closer to their gaming desires.

If I were joined with people of the same skill level as me, I'd be happier and influenced to make more online friends.

But if this poll proves anything is that more than a third of the players are too self-indulgent to build a relationship with.
#39Wookie_Is_BackPosted 3/16/2013 6:50:24 PM
ryanell666 posted...
Wookie_Is_Back posted...
ryanell666 posted...

answered it twice now.

Really? How blue can the sky be for you to see that it is blue?

Nobody wants to play with mooches, simple. You going stand in the side lines, while the rest of the raid is in position doing what they can alone? why make a player relationship with you, when you are a baddie?

And even if we could kick you, there is still 40% of the players who don't care other than mooching off the players who can and are willing to play.

A karma system would help match like minded people together. Elites that get to business, Average people that play for fun and progress, and hopefully bads that can inspire to play better, or play something else closer to their gaming desires.

If I were joined with people of the same skill level as me, I'd be happier and influenced to make more online friends.

But if this poll proves anything is that more than a third of the players are too self-indulgent to build a relationship with.

Dude, listen. I'm only asking how player relationships are being ruined by LFR. Can you please just answer that?