This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone here play on a dead server

#21manjiPosted 3/10/2013 7:10:44 AM
what would you guys consider dead? is it when you don't see anyone while you play no matter what location you go to or maybe just a few people?
#22ghettoraider81Posted 3/10/2013 7:36:17 AM
manji posted...
what would you guys consider dead? is it when you don't see anyone while you play no matter what location you go to or maybe just a few people?

Their server. Everyone's server is dead, the worst, loses all the BGs, etc.
---
Win, lose, or tie Oakland Raiders til I die! WHY'S THE RUM GONE!
S.M.O.K.E my anti sXe
#23willythemailboyPosted 3/10/2013 7:39:18 AM
Hanako_Scars posted...
Auchindoun EU Horde side. Completely dead. Alliance side is very populated and is quite good though. No joke the A:H ratio must be something like 1:10 now, it's been getting progressively worse.

Isn't that an inevitable result of CRZ on PVP servers? Now that the pool of potential PVP targets is no longer constrained by what server you're on, there's no reason not to join an imbalanced server for the better economy.
---
He who laughs last, thinks fastest.
#24Hanako_ScarsPosted 3/10/2013 8:14:20 AM
willythemailboy posted...
Hanako_Scars posted...
Auchindoun EU Horde side. Completely dead. Alliance side is very populated and is quite good though. No joke the A:H ratio must be something like 1:10 now, it's been getting progressively worse.

Isn't that an inevitable result of CRZ on PVP servers? Now that the pool of potential PVP targets is no longer constrained by what server you're on, there's no reason not to join an imbalanced server for the better economy.

Everything horde side is more expensive than it is on Alliance. There's no constant undercutting because there isn't much going around. Even Orgrimmar doesn't have much people about. Trade chat is dead quiet which is the first time I've ever seen that on a server. Trade chat was busier before all the cities' trade chats were linked it's that bad.
---
http://i50.tinypic.com/34ijrc7.jpg
"You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take." - Wayne Gretzky
#25halomonkey1_3_5Posted 3/10/2013 8:58:49 AM
manji posted...

1. No/Small amounts of players in Org/SW or Shrine during peak hours, also the amount of people you see out in the world(or Pandaria specifically, since its not CRZ) being incredibly small.
2. No/few low level characters and very few without Heirlooms(
3. No/Small amounts of old trade materials(especially the more popular/easy to farm ones such the first tier of trade goods(Copper, peacebloom/silverleaf, etc).

Thats my criteria. Obviously having no one online is the most sure sign, but looking at the AH and the low level players gives a more complete picture, IMO.
---
Billy Mays: July 20, 1958 - June 28, 2009
The Greatest
#26MusaashiPosted 3/10/2013 10:27:01 AM
Gilneas, Alliance.
---
They should ban mornings...
#27SpookingPosted 3/10/2013 10:33:50 AM
I played on the following:

Shadowsong - Pretty dead on Horde side. Alliance was good enough to get a PUG for world bosses and ICC raid.

Dragonblight - Good on both Horde and Alliance

Area 52 - Too populated on Horde side. Felt REALLY over crowded. Takes twice or three times as long to do dailies.

Blackrock Raiders - Dead on Horde side. I only found a few of my classes gylphs in the AH.
---
Prism Ranger (Red): Isn't it obvious? We don't have any friends!
Disgaea: Hour of Darkness
#28willythemailboyPosted 3/10/2013 12:04:04 PM
Hanako_Scars posted...
Hanako_Scars posted...

Everything horde side is more expensive than it is on Alliance. There's no constant undercutting because there isn't much going around. Even Orgrimmar doesn't have much people about. Trade chat is dead quiet which is the first time I've ever seen that on a server. Trade chat was busier before all the cities' trade chats were linked it's that bad.

All of that just illustrates my point. What possible reason does anyone have to stay on the dead side of an imbalanced server? Before CRZ I could see someone playing Alliance on Illidan for the challenge and the target-rich ganking environment. Now every server has lots of ganking opportunities and more of your faction in each zone, so there's no reason to gimp yourself with a crappy economy.
---
He who laughs last, thinks fastest.
#29Hanako_ScarsPosted 3/10/2013 12:49:13 PM
Hanako_Scars posted...
Hanako_Scars posted...

All of that just illustrates my point. What possible reason does anyone have to stay on the dead side of an imbalanced server? Before CRZ I could see someone playing Alliance on Illidan for the challenge and the target-rich ganking environment. Now every server has lots of ganking opportunities and more of your faction in each zone, so there's no reason to gimp yourself with a crappy economy.

Ahh, I misunderstood what you were saying. I thought you were saying that people should join the underpopulated side because it has a better economy haha.
---
http://i50.tinypic.com/34ijrc7.jpg
"You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take." - Wayne Gretzky
#30Shadow FlarePosted 3/10/2013 10:23:55 PM
I was on Aggamaggan Horde, totally dead.

Feather moon Alliance is pretty good, fair amount of people and trade stuff around, come there, people :P
---
War is where the young and stupid are tricked by the old and bitter into killing each other.