This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

5 things you would change if you were involved with the Redesign of the game.

#1Q_SenseiPosted 3/10/2013 5:05:36 AM
So this game looks completely different from when I played back in Burning Crusade. There are a lot of changes that I absolutely love, but there are still a few things I would have changed if I were there when they redid so much during Cataclysm:

1. Change Gear Itemization - I would have made it so the Paladin's holy spec scaled off of Strength - NOT intelligence. It's ridiculous to see so many INT plate armor pieces drop that are only good for a single spec out of all the classes. Another "Solution" is to give the Deathknight an intelligence build - probably Unholy - but I like the idea of just removing INT Plate much more.

2. Dump Mail Armor - All low level Mail is now plate, all high level Mail is now Leather. Shaman and Hunters can get some passive bonus to Armor if they think it even makes a difference these days. Now the Shaman and Hunter don't get their own freebies on the item table, but in turn they will see stuff they can use more often because loot tables no longer have to compete so much for space. Could possibly rename leather "Medium" armor so it includes Mail styles without being a little weird.

3. Every class can fulfill every role - It baffles me that they Dumped the Talent System for the Specialization System and didn't do this. In my mind the DPS classes like Mage, Rogue, and Hunter are going to just play whatever spec is performing the best for damage numbers unless they're playing PvP. This basically makes it so at least one of three of their specs is completely worthless all the time. Without the customization of the Talent Trees there's absolutely no reason why every class shouldn't just have "Tank, Healer, DPS" Specs. There have been hosts of threads about this though so I won't go on about it.

And that's it for me. Call this topic "Up to 5". There are a few things that I'd like, but these are the only things that I really consider game design flaws rather than just quirks or preferences on my part.

(For instance, I would like more dungeons for LFD when leveling up, or I wouldn't mind everyone having their own loot rather than rolling on loot, but I also understand that as an MMO this game has to have some tools to waste your time to keep you paying that subscription fee.)
---
http://i.imgur.com/Gel15.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GOZjlwIwfk&ob=av2e If you click my sig, make sure you watch at least 60 seconds.
#2Lightning BoltPosted 3/10/2013 5:07:30 AM
Bard Class
Bard Class
Bard Class
Bard Class
Bard Class
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#3NtheRiddlePosted 3/10/2013 5:08:28 AM
...nothing!
---
.....umm .....yeah
"All the facts in the world don't change the fact that there are NO... MORE... TWINKIES!" - Foamy
#4halomonkey1_3_5Posted 3/10/2013 5:14:55 AM
Q_Sensei posted...
2. Dump Mail Armor - All low level Mail is now plate, all high level Mail is now Leather. Shaman and Hunters can get some passive bonus to Armor if they think it even makes a difference these days. Now the Shaman and Hunter don't get their own freebies on the item table, but in turn they will see stuff they can use more often because loot tables no longer have to compete so much for space. Could possibly rename leather "Medium" armor so it includes Mail styles without being a little weird.

http://i.imgur.com/ygy9L.gif
---
Billy Mays: July 20, 1958 - June 28, 2009
The Greatest
#5karnage87Posted 3/10/2013 5:32:38 AM
I agree with 3 to an extent but not completely.

I do not think every class should be able to do every role, I do however think every class should be able to perform multiple roles.

I wouldn't have a Mage Tank for example - but a Mage Healer is certainly possible.

Ditto, a Warlock Healer makes no sense to me but a Warlock Tank would - and from recent times has pseudo precedent.

I've not played too many other MMO's but this was something I thought DCUO did well - every class could DPS and one other thing. Whether it was the Tanking, Healing or the Mana Battery debuff role that game had.
---
NOBODY is gonna rest in peace.. UNTIL YOU'VE PAID ALL YOUR TAXES!
#6Rayn247Posted 3/10/2013 6:58:27 AM
Pets/Battle Pets/Mounts: not all pets/battle pets could be mounts, but all mounts could be used as pets/battle pets (smaller versions of course.) Pets would obviously be useable as Battle Pets. Warlock and Mage summons could also be used as Battle Pets.

Loot system: loot has a certain number of stat points that are able to be applied to stats of users choice. Thus if a chest peice has 1k stat points and you want to dump all 1k into stam, you can, or you can spread it out. This eliminates players getting loot they can not use. Also, all roleable loot become "greed" but only users that can actually use the item can role on it, "clothies" can't roll on plate. Same goes for weapons, if you can't weild a 2H Axe, you can't roll on it.

All important interactive NPC's have an auto dismount field around them, in addition they have a small "bubble" around them that can't be breached so people can't stack on them making it a pain to access them.

No dismount while gathering/collecting/mining. Sorry skinners, you still have to be dismounted.

NPC's to open lock boxes. Finding a BS or Rogue to open lock boxes is a pain in the butt. NPC charges based on type of lock box OR a percentage of the value of the contents.
---
What doesn't kill me, had better start running.
#7Mark BellhornPosted 3/10/2013 6:59:01 AM
draenei warlocks
#8XtraTPosted 3/10/2013 7:16:26 AM
I would make sure gamefaqs wouldn't be involved in the game's development, because I want WoW with more than 100k subs
---
Grand Marshal/Gladiator Priest, Lightplol.
PvE gladiator holy paladin, Lightp.
#9Q_Sensei(Topic Creator)Posted 3/10/2013 7:38:22 AM
halomonkey1_3_5 posted...
Q_Sensei posted...

http://i.imgur.com/ygy9L.gif

That's a pretty extreme reaction without any reason.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Gel15.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GOZjlwIwfk&ob=av2e If you click my sig, make sure you watch at least 60 seconds.
#10angrywalrus13Posted 3/10/2013 7:56:53 AM
I'd never implement flying mounts.
---
Thomx
like tommicks