This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Ghost Iron blacksmithing leveling way is for people who farm it, right?

#1tote_allPosted 3/10/2013 3:25:52 PM
Because cost wise, it seems to be better very early, on very specific parts or near the end, but there's parts where it's just outrageously costly, so I'm guessing farming the ghost iron required would require roughly the same time of farming all the other ores?
---
http://i.imgur.com/4u1biRF.png
#2KokeiiPosted 3/10/2013 3:29:56 PM
You need something like 10k ghost iron ores to level only with that. It's more for just skipping certain annoying parts, where maybe the old ore is harder to find or something along those lines. It's sorta to fill in gaps in the normal leveling process.. unless you have a LOT of gold to spend buying that much ore, or want to spend a lot of time farming it.
#3tote_all(Topic Creator)Posted 3/10/2013 3:31:22 PM
Yeah but the thing is, farming Ghost Iron is considerably faster than most of the other ores, at least on low play hours, so I'm guessing that was the goal.
---
#4halomonkey1_3_5Posted 3/10/2013 3:32:33 PM
Its to cover the gaps while leveling, I think. It seems like it would be way to costly to go from 1-525 just with Ghost Iron, but there are obviously places where it would be cheaper.
---
Billy Mays: July 20, 1958 - June 28, 2009
The Greatest
#5Tic TacPosted 3/10/2013 3:36:36 PM
It's worth it just to skip Fel Iron/Adamantite alone. Flying around HFP and Nagrand for hours is the worst.
---
Monkey see, monkey do - just another animal in the zoo.
#6tote_all(Topic Creator)Posted 3/10/2013 3:38:58 PM
Its to cover the gaps while leveling, I think. It seems like it would be way to costly to go from 1-525 just with Ghost Iron, but there are obviously places where it would be cheaper.

Partly, yes. But they wouldn't have just added those recipes for the "gaps" and generated a random amount of GI to be used for the rest of the leveling process. Some calculations and thought processes had to happen that were more than just "fill the gaps".
---
#7halomonkey1_3_5Posted 3/10/2013 3:45:27 PM
tote_all posted...
Partly, yes. But they wouldn't have just added those recipes for the "gaps" and generated a random amount of GI to be used for the rest of the leveling process. Some calculations and thought processes had to happen that were more than just "fill the gaps".

I'd imagine its specifically "random" to discourage completely skipping the old world mats. They dont want Ghost Iron to be THE way to level, they still want you buying other mats, but they understand that(especially on low-pop servers), sometimes mats are either hard to get or very expensive and GI is there to try to smooth that out without becoming the de-facto way to level BS for everyone in every situation.
---
Billy Mays: July 20, 1958 - June 28, 2009
The Greatest
#8DawnshadowPosted 3/10/2013 3:59:20 PM
Why didn't they just buff the spawn rate of Outland (and, to a lesser degree, Northrend/Cata) ores, like they buffed old world spawns in Cata?

That would have fixed everything. Now, as soon as 6.0 hits, Pandaria is flooded with zillions of people mining ghost iron crossrealm....
---
I have a blog! Warcraft and other gamer musings.
http://oilstainedlibram.wordpress.com/
#9foamyrantsPosted 3/10/2013 5:54:47 PM
It is made to fill the gaps so that people are not forced to rush around looking for the rarer node spawns that only come up once in a while and have no ores/bars on the AH anymore.

It is generally a very slow process with Ghost iron bars. I currently tried for skipping the fel iron bars section. I had 333 ghost iron bars. After using all of them for the Fel iron section of leveling I got a whole 14 levels. So it really is a slow process but a work around to finding all those mats that take longer.
---
I am your lord and master.
#10ShadowEdgeXPosted 3/10/2013 6:34:59 PM
Tic Tac posted...
It's worth it just to skip Fel Iron/Adamantite alone. Flying around HFP and Nagrand for hours is the worst.

This. A million times this. Wrath ore is pretty bad too. Vanilla stuff is super easy though.
---
Proud to have formerly lived in the only country in the world whose National Sport has a sequel