This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will Blizzard ever give a pet Oondasta or bat flying mounts?

#1KarateKittyKillPosted 3/12/2013 2:57:49 PM
These are very important questions that must be answered. As a pet collector, I think Oondasta is the cutest little (big) dinosaur in all the world, and as an Undead Warrior, I'm tired of dragons and windriders, and argue that if Hippogryphs are available in mass quantities to Alliance (notably Night Elves) that we too should get bats.

And if the issue is that 'bats can't fly during the daytime', well, when you summon the bats during the day, they wear funny, giant bat-sized sunglasses.
---
And then the real hero showed up. http://i47.tinypic.com/1z5ovpw.jpg
#2ShurikoPosted 3/12/2013 3:00:01 PM
There is nothing that prevents bats from flying in daylight. It's just that it doesn't coincide with their sleep schedule.
---
http://i.imgur.com/aTk36Od.jpg
http://www.synchtube.com/r/vidyagaemz
#3AshrahnPosted 3/12/2013 3:01:43 PM
There's currently four baby raptors in game that look like little Oondastas, minus the weapons on his side. They drop off Dinomancers.
#4pervy_senninPosted 3/12/2013 3:18:34 PM
They're saving those for next expansion. Gotta come up with something to keep people coming back
#5ShadowEdgeXPosted 3/12/2013 6:11:14 PM
Weren't Bat Mounts datamined for this patch?
---
Proud to have formerly lived in the only country in the world whose National Sport has a sequel
#6teffyPosted 3/12/2013 6:26:30 PM
ShadowEdgeX posted...

Yes, and Oondasta has a pet version that was cut last second, IIRC because the model wasn't done and the temp model was just scaled-down so had a huge poly count.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#7whiteshadow22Posted 3/12/2013 11:37:58 PM
ShadowEdgeX posted...

Bat mounts will probably be implimented some point in 5.3 or 5.4
---
Weapons need to stay the same other than bows/xbows/guns. This is to prevent noobs being owned by 85s in tuxedos wielding flowers...like wtf?-Rydethetiger
#8webbc99Posted 3/13/2013 6:16:54 AM
whiteshadow22 posted...
ShadowEdgeX posted...

How would the bat work on the ground? That would look really weird. At least the Hippogryph has legs so it can trot around.
---
PSN: Toastie88 | XBL: Mor7al S7rike | Steam: webbc99
Playing: World of Warcraft, Guild Wars 2, PSASBR
#9Lightning BoltPosted 3/13/2013 6:17:50 AM
webbc99 posted...
How would the bat work on the ground?

If the Druid flight form is any indication, they'd just fly really low rather than actually walking around.
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#10Sir WillPosted 3/13/2013 7:27:09 AM
webbc99 posted...
whiteshadow22 posted...
ShadowEdgeX posted...

How would the bat work on the ground? That would look really weird. At least the Hippogryph has legs so it can trot around.

The same way every other flying mount without legs works? Hover just above the ground.
---
River Song: Well, I was off to this gay gypsy bar mitzvah for the disabled when I thought 'Gosh, the Third Reich's a bit rubbish, I think i'll kill the Fuhrer'