This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's the point in this game if there's no consequences of killing (pvp)?

#1MrLPosted 3/13/2013 7:36:34 AM(edited)
I used to play an MMORPG called Tibia where you'd lose a level or two and your backpack when another player kills you.

I've just started WoW and I've learnt NOTHING happens when you die from another player? Sure, you lose maybe 20 seconds running back to your body, lol, but who cares about that? What's the motivation to kill someone in the alliance (or the horde) if it does NOTHING? I may as well not even bother wasting my time attacking other players.
#2RamviciousPosted 3/13/2013 7:37:18 AM
Cause it's fun?
---
"I installed a skylight in my apartment... the people who live above me are furious!"
Steven Wright
#3Lightning BoltPosted 3/13/2013 7:37:23 AM
For lulz and laughs and to prove you're better, I suppose.
The game isn't designed at all for PVP though, so you probably are better off not wasting your time with it. I know I don't.
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#4KillZUMPosted 3/13/2013 7:38:21 AM
This is probably the wrong game for you if you're looking to impose or incur draconian consequences as a result of victory or defeat in pvp.
---
"See you Space Cowboy..."
#5CacofiendPosted 3/13/2013 7:44:59 AM
Of couse giving you the benefit of the doubt that you aren't trolling............

This is obviously not the game for you - you could try playing EVE if you want some penalties for dying - hell you could always play diablo 3 on hardcore mode so when you die you die for good (bit like your topics)

I'm sure someone could also name some grindy korean mmorpgs to make you want to bash your head against the wall also.
#6_Anticlimactic_Posted 3/13/2013 7:47:19 AM
MrL posted...
I used to play an MMORPG called Tibia where you'd lose a level or two and your backpack when another player kills you.

I've just started WoW and I've learnt NOTHING happens when you die from another player? Sure, you lose maybe 20 seconds running back to your body, lol, but who cares about that? What's the motivation to kill someone in the alliance (or the horde) if it does NOTHING? I may as well not even bother wasting my time attacking other players.

yea it used to be alot better.

THEN

Activision happened to it.
#7SketchiePosted 3/13/2013 8:41:58 AM
MrL posted...

That... does not sound like fun. AT ALL.

Why would ANYONE want to play a MMO like that?!
---
Hey, now, don't hit me even though I'm now a ? Block starting from 11/14/2012...
#8TheStaircasePosted 3/13/2013 8:49:43 AM
Sketchie posted...
MrL posted...

That... does not sound like fun. AT ALL.

Why would ANYONE want to play a MMO like that?!

Because not everyone is a pansy.
#9s_dubsPosted 3/13/2013 8:56:12 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#10angrywalrus13Posted 3/13/2013 10:30:17 AM
Oh man I remember playing Tibia for like 5 minutes when I was twelve and going "this blows"

Also, best $25 I've ever spent was transferring off a PvP server.
---
Thomx
like tommicks