This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You know you're an Old School player when...

#121bstbllPosted 3/19/2013 9:24:54 PM
http://1-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/q/image/1352/04/1352043140847.png

also

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc7/s160x160/426267_372306386180419_236207149_a.jpg
---
So basically communists are druids. -Gestapoid
#122UtinilPosted 3/19/2013 9:45:58 PM
TheGreatCheeze posted...
MrDinky posted...
TheGreatCheeze posted...
MrDinky posted...

Entering the sepulcher for the first time and seeing your very first elite mob in that little down next to SKF.

Oh man, some good times were had then. I think the only thing I miss about "old school" WoW is having to use meeting stones. And it's not really that I even miss it, it's just a really prominent memory and I liked the idea. I get nostalgic whenever I see them around instances.

Meeting stones didn't even exist early on. Im not sure when they were implemented, but its possible it wasn't vanilla.

Also, remember when you could pvp in the water as a warlock, fear players, and watch as they died due to suffocation? <- most often down in booty bay in stranglethorn.

I didn't start playing until some point in BC, so that makes sense.
And I didn't know that was possible, were there not DR back then?

No DR back then (and no PvP trinkets to escape CCs for a long time). It was a lot of fun as a Priest, MC someone run them a short ways, break MC, repeat until you got near a big cliff, Water, or Lava, Make the person die and suffer a repair bill. :)

Back to the original topic (despite the TC) they actually know about priests being able to "talk" to the other faction.
#123MacrossSpecialPosted 3/19/2013 9:57:27 PM
When you remember quitting at 60 because end game was time consuming and lame.
---
...Dude, you're a ****ing douche. Get off my god damn internets.
- RX7Infinitilll
#124SA_X_Mk_IIPosted 3/20/2013 5:33:03 AM
Back to the original topic (despite the TC) they actually know about priests being able to "talk" to the other faction.

When you remember anyone used to be able to "talk" to the other faction through custom emotes.
---
.: Tamoketh :: DRM is the fix no one wants, for a problem you can't avoid :.
.: You gotta be can we do you think if we can make a should just be alone? :.
#125flashleetPosted 3/20/2013 5:34:20 AM

When you remember anyone used to be able to "talk" to the other faction through custom emotes.

It was amazing more people didn't completely abuse that. I don't remember it being too wide spread.
---
Paper is fine, nerf Rock. Sincerely Scissors.
#126SA_X_Mk_IIPosted 3/20/2013 5:47:21 AM
^
On my server (Bloodhoof, PVE) I remember seeing it often enough in Crossroads from the losing faction.

Anything from the actual custom emotes, to the normal translated chat after the emotes were fixed.
IIRC, Ke Ke on Horde's /s would be Ha Ha for Alliance's /s, or something like that.
---
#127vahndragonwingPosted 3/20/2013 5:51:03 AM
SA_X_Mk_II posted...
^
On my server (Bloodhoof, PVE) I remember seeing it often enough in Crossroads from the losing faction.

Anything from the actual custom emotes, to the normal translated chat after the emotes were fixed.
IIRC, Ke Ke on Horde's /s would be Ha Ha for Alliance's /s, or something like that.

Wasn't kek lol?
---
IMO
#128SA_X_Mk_IIPosted 3/20/2013 6:36:36 AM
From: vahndragonwing | Posted: 3/20/2013 8:51:03 AM | #127
SA_X_Mk_II posted...
^

Wasn't kek lol?

That's the one!
---
#129flashleetPosted 3/20/2013 6:48:21 AM
Yeah it's kek and bur.

>_>
---
Paper is fine, nerf Rock. Sincerely Scissors.
#130silentzedPosted 3/20/2013 7:08:36 AM
I thought lol was kek/bur depending on if you saw horde say it (and were alliance) or whether you saw alliance say it (but you were horde).

Didn't it come out as something different if you tried to type kek/bur to the opposite side trying to get them to see 'lol'? I remember the system not working in reverse.
---
/target Face
/cast Palm