This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Maintenance?? THIS ISNT TUESDAY!!! Go home Blizzard you're drunk!!

#21angrywalrus13Posted 3/14/2013 9:37:39 AM
AirRawr_ posted...
That was silly of them, as that's not what happened. <_<

all realms were offline for 2 hours

They most certainly were not. I've been on since about 8:30 and mine went off around 7:30, and as the in-game message said "rolling restarts," I'm fairly certain realms were undergoing rolling restarts. It's a very typical thing. The only difference this time was that the restarts spanned 2 hours instead of 1. Please, read my post explaining rolling restarts.
---
Thomx
like tommicks
#22Right_Chus_1(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 10:27:53 AM
angrywalrus13 posted...
AirRawr_ posted...

They most certainly were not. I've been on since about 8:30 and mine went off around 7:30, and as the in-game message said "rolling restarts," I'm fairly certain realms were undergoing rolling restarts. It's a very typical thing. The only difference this time was that the restarts spanned 2 hours instead of 1. Please, read my post explaining rolling restarts.

Every single realm was greyed out and offline for the entire duration. There was nothing rolling about the restarts.
#23PhrenzZephyrPosted 3/14/2013 10:36:51 AM
AirRawr_ posted...

They were indeed all offline for two hours. They did not do rolling restarts, regardless of what message they put up.
#24angrywalrus13Posted 3/14/2013 10:43:12 AM
Right_Chus_1 posted...
angrywalrus13 posted...
AirRawr_ posted...

Every single realm was greyed out and offline for the entire duration. There was nothing rolling about the restarts.

I dunno, I got booted around 7:30 and got on at 8:20ish (after getting some breakfast). Several realms were up by that time. I don't think it was a full shut-down. So, if they weren't rolling restarts, then more than a handful were up within an hour.
---
Thomx
like tommicks
#25scarecrowsPosted 3/14/2013 12:27:59 PM
I didn't argue because I'm not on your realm. I can safely say mine was down the whole time though. That's not a rolling restart to me.
---
"Your an imbecile" - Gallusz
#26PhrenzZephyrPosted 3/14/2013 1:56:39 PM
I didn't argue because I'm not on your realm. I can safely say mine was down the whole time though. That's not a rolling restart to me.

As was every realm I have characters on, along with several other realms on the list.