This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How many keybinds should a Fury Warrior have?

#1TheLoneGunmenPosted 3/14/2013 10:42:19 AM
I have zero, but for the benefit of my guild, I have committed to switching over.
---
In their own unique way, the three gunmen were patriots, fighting the good fight.
#2Abyssmal FiendPosted 3/14/2013 10:43:26 AM
You have 0 key binds? What, do you just right click and auto attack?

Use as many keybinds as is necessary to do your job with a degree of competence.
---
"Erst waegen, dann wagen." - Helmuth von Moltke the Elder
#3CapnCrunch1Posted 3/14/2013 10:58:42 AM
However many useful skills you have.
#4superhoffyPosted 3/14/2013 11:20:32 AM
15ish
#5HeftybagsPosted 3/14/2013 11:24:46 AM
15 for average LFR fury

Mid 30's for a good fury who has all situational keys bound and some macros. Gaming mouse and keyboard help with that number of binds.
---
I watch Cops with no pants on.
#6Wookie_Is_BackPosted 3/14/2013 11:55:44 AM(edited)
1 2 3 4 5 Z X Q E R F V B G H T M Mouse Button
Shift variants.
Ctrl variants.

So 54.

Edit: Forgot MB
#7TheLoneGunmen(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 8:56:00 PM
Where do I start though? This all seems really complicated.
---
In their own unique way, the three gunmen were patriots, fighting the good fight.
#8Wookie_Is_BackPosted 3/14/2013 10:07:54 PM
TheLoneGunmen posted...

Getting an addon that lets you just hover over a spot and set a keybind.

Then just make them using any mnemonic devices you want or however your thought process works.
#9Lightning BoltPosted 3/15/2013 2:17:19 AM(edited)
TheLoneGunmen posted...

Start with Bloodthirst, Raging Blow, Wild Strike, and Colossus Smash. Put Heroic Strike and Cleave somewhere sensible as well, and just roll around like that for a while. I recommend somewhere easy to reach, like having those abilities on 1-4 (Bloodthirst on 1, Raging on 2, etc).
I personally have them all shifted right (so 2-5) and put Heroic Strike on 1, but that's just an old habit really and not what I think is ideal.

When you roll around like that, seriously just don't even use any other abilities. Maybe do a scenario or dailies like that, so your performance doesn't matter. >.>

Once you're able to do your basic rotation with keybinds you can start adding more situational skills (utility, aoe, etc) and cooldowns to nearby buttons, but get the bare necessities first.

I've got... 31 basic keybinds I use, with control modifiers on a number of them to have them do something different (for example Intervening to my focus target, or popping Recklessness without popping the macro'd-in Skull Banner as well). It just gets into your hands after a while, you get used to it.
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#10rareware101Posted 3/15/2013 10:24:35 PM
TheLoneGunmen posted...

Depending on how you're doing you may not have to bother. I click and I'm up there with the rest of my guild in damage all the time (and the same in LFR against others). I just use dominos and have really compact bars so I hardly move my mouse. Honestly if you're PvPing (or heroic raiding I imagine) you should learn and yes key binding is technically better but... I play sat on the couch with my keyboard on my lap, stuff still dies, I can't be arsed to learn ;)

People act like key binding is the be all and end all. Depending on what/how you're doing, it really isn't. If you want to learn that's great. If you really don't then don't stress over it. It's just a game.
---
The Jeff Minter Llama360 Hardware Achievement - Unlocked after completing the Visualiser