This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A few (random) questions

#1Louisville15Posted 3/14/2013 7:28:12 PM(edited)
Thinking about starting back, but I have a few questions. For some background info, I've started the game several times, got to ~30-40, then just got bored and quit. With that in mind:

1. What all did 5.2 add? Anything in particular?

2. At the lower levels, does it still take FOREVER to find a dungeon unless you're a tank? One of my first characters was a DPS, but I quickly got tired of waiting 30+ minutes just for a dungeon run (on a high pop server too). Has this been addressed?

3. What are generally the best professions for making money? Just the gathering ones? Can anyone summarize each profession for me? For example, I remember that JC was expensive but desirable at the high levels because people wanted things cut, so you could turn a nice profit.

4. I have the Cataclysm CD, but is it quicker just to download the client/patches via the WoW launcher from Blizzard, or install Cata and then do it?

5. Also, can anyone recommend a good (I know, this is specific) server with the following attributes:

-High pop
-PVP
-Good balance of A/H
-EST

Does it exist?
---
i7 930 @ 3.6 | EVGA GTX 680 SC Signature 2 | EVGA E758 | 6GB G.Skill Ripjaws | Windows 8 | OCZ ZX1250 | 1TB WD Caviar Black | 240GB Mushkin Chronos | AW2310
#2angrywalrus13Posted 3/14/2013 7:12:23 PM
Anything in particular?

Nope, nothing in particular.

But here's a site that links to the things they could've added:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/8713870/World_of_Warcraft_Patch_52_The_Thunder_King_Round-Up-2_27_2013

Not sure about the other questions, sorry. :<
---
Thomx
like tommicks
#3Louisville15(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 3:10:56 AM
Bump
---
i7 930 @ 3.6 | EVGA GTX 680 SC Signature 2 | EVGA E758 | 6GB G.Skill Ripjaws | Windows 8 | OCZ ZX1250 | 1TB WD Caviar Black | 240GB Mushkin Chronos | AW2310
#4HakPosted 3/15/2013 3:25:31 AM
1. Read the patch notes. That's what they're for.
2. Yes, pretty much.
3. Gems are so common now that it doesn't really make very much. Gathering profs are the main earners now unless you have a rare recipe somewhere that people might want.
4. Install Cata - that'll at least get yout Azeroth/Northrend and Outland mostly installed.
5. Not me personally. Don't play in the US.
---
In the book, it says He created us to be just like Him. So if we're dumb, then God is dumb, and maybe a little bit ugly on the side. - Zappa
#5BushidoMusashiPosted 3/15/2013 3:48:54 AM
Lfd is less about server and more about battlegroup. But even with high populatoon battlegroups there's going to be those levels that are just bad for dungeons and just not a lot of people que for.
---
GT: Purity6of6Evil6
Praeclarum Custodem Ovium Lupum
#6Louisville15(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 5:07:34 AM
Hak posted...
1. Read the patch notes. That's what they're for.
2. Yes, pretty much.
3. Gems are so common now that it doesn't really make very much. Gathering profs are the main earners now unless you have a rare recipe somewhere that people might want.
4. Install Cata - that'll at least get yout Azeroth/Northrend and Outland mostly installed.
5. Not me personally. Don't play in the US.

Can you elaborate on 2?
---
#7MakeHatePosted 3/15/2013 8:01:32 AM
I've leveled some DPS recently, and the average queue seemed to be 5-8 minutes. Maybe up to 15 in certain level ranges.

As far as 5.2, there is some new stuff, but nothing you are goin to be able to enjoy until you hit MoP.

Unless you have horrible Internet, it's going to be faster to download than install/patch. You can start playing when it's around 60ish percent complete. maybe soon or later, but either way, you don't have to wait til it's 100%.

No clue on money. I never have much, but I don't spend much either. Most of mine is just from quest/daily/vendor junk.
---
"but you still have to use a keyboard which was made for word processing back in the early 90s with MSdos" -The_Big_Deek
#8Louisville15(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 8:04:34 AM
Another question: what's the consensus on the best professions for a Mage? Like I know mining is ideal for warriors because of the toughness bonus. Do people care about these bonuses at max level? Even among the hyper competitive?
---
#9xcmon3yx2Posted 3/15/2013 8:32:02 AM
Mining can net some good money, and as far as servers go. Stormreaver fits all your criteria
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/HakudoshiV77360
Let's Play, and Guides
#10HakPosted 3/15/2013 9:26:54 AM
Mining ideal for Warriors? Erm... no. The only bonuses that are particularly relevant are ones from crafting professions - the stamina and crit from mining/LW are inconsequential. Having BS so you can add 2 extra gems to your gear, or Engineering for the glove tinker... those actually have a bearing on things.

Still curious why on earth you though that Mining would be "ideal" for Warriors though.
---
In the book, it says He created us to be just like Him. So if we're dumb, then God is dumb, and maybe a little bit ugly on the side. - Zappa