This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sounding off on a couple of issues (personal issues)

#1impartedsoulPosted 3/15/2013 4:49:15 AM
I've had a few gripes with this expansion and the 5.2 patch as of late and I thought I would post this here to see what others think.

1. Increased drop rate in LFR-I don't raid, simple as that. It's not as if I have no intention to, but my schedule doesn't allow me to. Between my main gig as corporate security and a personal trainer, it just doesn't fit in for me, so LFR is my best choice. I don't mind it, but when I got my second character to 90 and I want to get him geared, but can't because the drop rates are still bogus in the 5.0 raids. I must have killed the spirit kings at least 15 times since 5.2 came out, and still no shield. And that's using a coin on every fight. Same goes for Elegon. I don't know if the increased drop rates apply to the extra roll, but it is a bit frustrating.

2. The focus of one character and not enough on alts-I understand that the mentality that many people have is that Mists is basically your main is the one that gets everything done. You won't get exalted with all the factions on every character you have unless you're unemployed, a daddy/mommy's boy who buys everything they want, or you make enough on your own to have time like that. I'm not saying that it should be Cata easy, but there should be some revamps to the system that's already in place. I've got 9 characters with 2 at 90, 4 at 85, and 3 80 (RAF during the Cata days) and I've had to cut the focus to just 4 of them in total. I know people love to play with alts as much as I do, but something new should be implemented. % reduction to XP after your 1st 90, 50% increase to reputation gains once a faction is exalted for alts, something along those lines. I like variety in my characters but not being able to do certain things with them is somewhat annoying.

3. Dailies and gear-dailies haven't become the bain of my existence YET, simply because if you take them in moderation, they aren't so bad. On my main, my monk, I focused on doing just 2 daily hubs a day. I do it that way to keep myself from feeling "burnt out", but I also refuse to do them on any other character. And because of this, it's probably why my pally doesn't cap out on valor or come close. But to have valor gear gated behind reputation is an issue that needs to be fixed. Instead of dropping the costs of 5.0 gear, make some pieces availble for JP or cost gold. Gold is very abundant in Mists and to make certain pieces like trinks, neck or waists cost gold would be very enticing.

There are a couple of other thing minor gripes I have, but nothing noteworthy. I apologize if it seems like a blog or anything, but these are some things that make me not want to play anymore. Love the game, but I don't want to have another job. I already have 2 as it is and don't want to make my downtime seem like a chore. Also please understand that these are things that I have issues with and are considered opinions, so take all of this with a grain of salt.
---
GT: xPr0j3ct X
"A cornered fox is more dangerous than a jackal!"
#2CGoblinsPosted 3/15/2013 4:55:49 AM
There is a bonus now when you reach revered for rep on one toon all toons get double I think... been a while.

I left for the same reasons your stating. + Elitism.

Dailies are a bad concept.

They should have a daily zone. It should work like questing does today with each zone having a part of a storyline. But the zone should be phased and you do quests there once and each time you finish a set of quests in this zone you're done for the day. The next day more quests become available. You could tie it with some daily progression story.

By the end of the zone? Exalted. Done with that zone/faction. No repeating quests.
---
PSN: Ray-Martin82
Playing: Nothing
#3Lightning BoltPosted 3/15/2013 5:04:53 AM(edited)
Those were valid points last patch, but come on. The dailies in this patch don't even give anything useful. Sunreaver rep gear is worse than LFR/'Shadopan Assault gear. They're a catchup faction and a lore faction, you really don't have to do more dailies than what it takes to get tokens (and even that's probably superfluous if you don't raid).

And they shot the LFR drop rates through the roof. That doesn't mean you instantly get all the gear ever, it's just because it's not relevant gear any more so they're powering you through it.

Anti-alt... totally granted yeah. It's annoying.

impartedsoul posted...
I must have killed the spirit kings at least 15 times since 5.2 came out, and still no shield.

You literally can't have done it more than twice. >.>
Unless you mean you're running it over and over and throwing coins at them. Holy crap are you dedicated if that's the case.
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#4PhrenzZephyrPosted 3/15/2013 5:06:43 AM
Those were valid points last patch, but come on. The dailies in this patch don't even give anything useful. Sunreaver rep gear is worse than LFR/'Shadopan Assault gear. They're a catchup faction and a lore faction, you really don't have to do more dailies than what it takes to get tokens (and even that's probably superfluous if you don't raid).

And they shot the LFR drop rates through the roof. That doesn't mean you instantly get all the gear ever, it's just because it's not relevant gear any more so they're powering you through it.

Anti-alt... totally granted yeah. It's annoying.

impartedsoul posted...
I must have killed the spirit kings at least 15 times since 5.2 came out, and still no shield.

You literally can't have done it more than twice. >.>
Unless you mean you're running it over and over and throwing coins at them. Holy crap are you dedicated if that's the case.

To be fair doing spirit kings and dropping would be pretty darn fast.
#5Jewtiful JoePosted 3/15/2013 5:30:42 AM
speaking of personal issues, i miss my ex. Even lifting doesn't seem to fight off the feels.
---
http://i.imgur.com/XA1y9.jpg
#6impartedsoul(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 6:09:35 AM
Well the trash before spirit and elegon are fairly quick to run through. And yes I am throwing coins at them every run. Thanks to troves of the thunder king I can get 10 to 12 coins a run so as long as I run through it I can get through spirit kings in about 10 to 15 minutes. I just need 2 ilvl points to get into heart of fear and that shIeld drop is keeping iy from happening.

I understand that the grand comms are a big help but another rep boost of some sort would be a big jump and help.
---
#7thelastmohiganPosted 3/15/2013 6:10:37 AM
All I got from your rant is that you don't have time to put in as much effort as others but want the same reward. It has been 2 whole weeks of 5.2 but apparently you should already have all your gear?
#8impartedsoul(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 6:40:41 AM
thelastmohigan posted...
All I got from your rant is that you don't have time to put in as much effort as others but want the same reward. It has been 2 whole weeks of 5.2 but apparently you should already have all your gear?

I figured there would be that one person...lol.

In any case I never said that I should have the rewards as everyone else. Hence the reason why I posted saying they're personal issues. The issues I've brought up are things that my guildies and many others I know have said before who loves alts as much as I do or feel that gear gated behind rep are concerns that should ne addressed. Will they be addressed properly? Who knows. Only time will tell with each patch both big and small what blizz will do.

As far as the drop rate in the 5.0 lfr raids...that's more of a question if that should be clarified or expanded on when blizz says "increased drop rates".
---
#9diablo3devilPosted 3/15/2013 7:05:57 AM
You do realize since 5.2 dropped with any alt you can simply gear up in heroics with high enough gs to get into LFR MSV. And while gearing up in heroics do the isle of thunder dailes to get gear from the isle of thunder factions and shadow pan also has a neutral 522 gear reward with no dailies or LFR ToT required to bump you up to 470 item level so you can run LFR HOF. And besides that your faction in isle of thunder offers gear for gold and later reduced valor points as a catch up mechanic for alts and mains who dont have the gear.

And another thing is the old rep rewards in the old pandaria besides possibly patterns for your professions isnt even worth getting at this point. So your arguement with alts and your lack of item level is no excuse and is no ones fault but your own for not being logical and doing what is needed to level an alt to raid ready or a main

So your so called personal problems you have with blizzard and wow end game are all just a sure fact of your lack of knowledge and lazyness in doing nothing but MSV and thinking you will be handed the gear you desire get out there and do your reserch before making a topic deeming a personal problem with the game, when the problem isnt the game when you are given the tools to do what you ask but choose not to do them k thanks.
---
I really dig crazy chicks
#10Ruvan22Posted 3/15/2013 7:56:23 AM
I thought the grand commendations gave you 50% increase to rep gained?