This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pros/cons of a Prot Warrior?

#1Louisville15Posted 3/15/2013 7:56:28 AM
PvP? PvE? Cool gear? General thoughts?
---
i7 930 @ 3.6 | EVGA GTX 680 SC Signature 2 | EVGA E758 | 6GB G.Skill Ripjaws | Windows 8 | OCZ ZX1250 | 1TB WD Caviar Black | 240GB Mushkin Chronos | AW2310
#2xcmon3yx2Posted 3/15/2013 8:23:28 AM(edited)
Optimal for Tanking, can 2nd as a DPS. For PvP I believe warriors are one of the weaker classes though, if you want to PvP I would suggest having your 2nd skill set as Fury
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/HakudoshiV77360
Let's Play, and Guides
#3halomonkey1_3_5Posted 3/15/2013 8:30:21 AM
Pro:
-You get to Tank, which means faster queue times
-You get to do pretty crazy damage in crappy gear thanks to vengeance
-Thunderclap is pretty cool(once you get Blood and Thunder)

Con:
-You're not a shaman
---
Billy Mays: July 20, 1958 - June 28, 2009
The Greatest
#4Insincere_AlanPosted 3/15/2013 8:33:58 AM
I think General Thoughts is an excellent name for a warrior.
#5EDarienPosted 3/15/2013 8:42:59 AM
halomonkey1_3_5 posted...
Pro:
-You get to Tank, which means faster queue times
-You get to do pretty crazy damage in crappy gear thanks to vengeance
-Thunderclap is pretty cool(once you get Blood and Thunder)

Con:
-You're not a shaman

^ Haha, completely agree. Nice post.
---
On a scale of 1 to Voldemort, he's a "Doesn't have a nose, but doesn't know Evada Kedabra." - RAGEface14
#6Lightning BoltPosted 3/15/2013 9:03:40 AM(edited)
Manly as hell class. They take the least amount of damage, but have the least health/self-heals. Great group utility (can increase everyone's damage, defense, and health with separate cooldowns) and awesome mobility, but they can't do anything omgwtfhax (like Pally bubble, Army of the Dead, etc).

You're really reliant on the healers though in raids, which is why I didn't stick with mine. My healers tended to leave me low for far too long, and then I'd just fall the **** over and people would ask how I died. I moved to DK because I'm a loner like that, but if you're raiding mostly with competent people then it's a grand class. With Second Wind and Victory Rush you'll be unkillable while leveling though.

Prot's dps has been a bit low lately, but a few days ago they got a HEFTY buff. I daresay you'll wreck absolute face in low level dungeons now.

(you need a beard though, it's very important)
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev