This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Where do you stand on "It's my money, I should get to see all the content"?

#31_Gamer_Of_Time_Posted 3/16/2013 4:57:02 PM
If Blizzard removed LFR completely, and made the game cater to ONLY the hardcore players, then it's Blizzards choice. If the customer want to keep throwing your money at them, then that's the customers choice. You aren't paying to see all the content, you are paying to have access to their game. I shouldn't be able to do level 90 raids at level 5, because I don't have the time to level.
---
"What an idiot." - L This sig dedicated to: ShinyGible7
Pokemon White FC = 5414 9914 0481 (Time)
#32Wookie_Is_BackPosted 3/16/2013 5:00:43 PM
Leo0820 posted...
Thanks OBAMA!

http://www.reddit.com/r/ThanksObama
#33fan360Posted 3/16/2013 6:29:58 PM
_Gamer_Of_Time_ posted...
If Blizzard removed LFR completely, and made the game cater to ONLY the hardcore players, then it's Blizzards choice.

Blizzard made that choice at the start of Cata.

Conclusion: Lost millions of players. Blizzard laid off hundreds of people.
Baddies get a full set honor gear, DS LFR and free 80.
#34randomnameftwPosted 3/16/2013 6:51:11 PM
I see it as you pay $15 to play the game, not to breeze through leveling and LFR raids. I really wish it was a little bit more to work for, because I personally like the feeling of accomplishment. I don't want to play $15 to be like "Huh, so what's what the current final boss looks like." I'm still paying and playing though, so I guess I shouldn't complain.
---
This river is wild!
#35SxmfctPosted 3/17/2013 3:16:09 AM
CGoblins posted...
BobTDonut posted...
It never bothered me having raids I couldn't see during that expansion. This is coming from a guy that likes to level more than anything...

What bothers me is that even if I wanted to see it I'd have to play a lot more of the game to do so. There is too much of an investment of time in this game for some of the content.

I've seen every single boss in heroic during their current expac since ICC (minus LK and 4 this tier) and I raid a total of 2 nights a week for 8 hours. Time is never an excuse.

16 hours a week on a video game is excessive.

Oh

I wish I had a wide-range of hobbies like you, you're so cool
---
"Your not a gamer your a poser and a waste lol 5yr olds" - dreamtheater33
#36otisanimePosted 3/17/2013 5:42:32 AM
Well, they had to do something. Barely anyone raids, and that's practically all the endgame focus there was for a long, long time. Either you shovel the majority into SOME form of the raid, or you stop making raids. The fact that they could be financially justified as long as they were, with such little use, and as the main financial focus of expanding the game... for 7 years they did that. It's just bizarre that it went on as long as it did, and makes absolutely no sense, and strikes me as them just flat out not valuing the majority of their customers, and just assuming they'll keep paying to do nothing. When they found out that wouldn't keep working, they just went "Oh crap! Why???".

I think a LOT of people on forums and such are REAL out of touch with the reality of just exactly how many people have raided. Ever. In any form that isn't LFR. Even at the peaks in which it was at it's easiest and most welcoming, the end of WOTLK, full nerf ICC, end of Cata full nerf DS. A very small amount of people even touched those. You know how people like to prop up BC, and Kara as being a starting raid and stuff? Barely anyone did Kara. Barely anyone raids. Barely anyone HAS raided. LFR is pretty much the life savior OF raiding. Otherwise, you'd either have it eventually fundamentally change in some weird ways, or they'd just keep making smaller and smaller raids, using nothing but re-used content, and move another part of the game as the focus.

Paying a monthly fee doesn't entitle you to "everything", but it sure as hell should entitle you to "something" for whatever your play style is. Until fairly recently, most people, at the end, had pretty much nothing to do.

This is why, I think, if you read about it, WoW has far more former subscribers than people actively subscribed. Seems most people either didn't even finish leveling up, and the few that did, found there was barely anything they could realistically do, and quit. Part of that to blame is how people feel about games in general, the changing environment in gaming in the last few years, and just how horribly toxic and unwelcoming the general WoW community is.
---
PSN: OtimusPSN // XBOX Live: Otimus // Steam: mightypotatojones
Now playing: Tribes Ascend (PC)
#37redundanciesPosted 3/17/2013 8:00:57 AM
Ness0123456789 posted...
I stand where people need to realize damn near every video game requires you to do something to see all the content. Ninja Gaiden doesn't just teleport you to the final boss if you can't beat level 2. You don't get to the end of Gears of War if you get stuck in the middle. So on and so forth.

Random Note: Why the hell does GameFAQs think teleport isn't a word?

Pro tip: Most Single Player games have this amazing ability to let you pick multiple difficulties to tailor the game to your game experience, and doesn't affect any one else's enjoyment of the game either!

Wait, *Gasp* That's just like Raid Finder! OMAGAWD MIND BLOWN!

Very much agree with this. Adjustable difficulty levels have existed in video games since at least the Atari 2600 and its A/B switches. Why is it suddenly a catastrophe when such a feature is introduced in an MMO?
#38otisanimePosted 3/17/2013 8:03:25 AM
redundancies posted...
Ness0123456789 posted...
I stand where people need to realize damn near every video game requires you to do something to see all the content. Ninja Gaiden doesn't just teleport you to the final boss if you can't beat level 2. You don't get to the end of Gears of War if you get stuck in the middle. So on and so forth.

Random Note: Why the hell does GameFAQs think teleport isn't a word?

Pro tip: Most Single Player games have this amazing ability to let you pick multiple difficulties to tailor the game to your game experience, and doesn't affect any one else's enjoyment of the game either!

Very much agree with this. Adjustable difficulty levels have existed in video games since at least the Atari 2600 and its A/B switches. Why is it suddenly a catastrophe when such a feature is introduced in an MMO?

Because elitists, simply put, do not want to share.
---
PSN: OtimusPSN // XBOX Live: Otimus // Steam: mightypotatojones
Now playing: Tribes Ascend (PC)
#39Major GamerPosted 3/17/2013 8:56:13 AM

Yes, that is what I was going for. Regardless of difficulty level, you still need to progress through whatever the game has to see the later stuff. Want to see Heroic Sha? Then do the rest on Heroic. Want to see LFR Sha? Then do the rest on LFR. Just don't go demanding Heroic Sha the second you ding 90.
---
Can excessive stupidity be a valid reason for moderation?
http://backloggery.com/majorgamer
#40Wookie_Is_BackPosted 3/17/2013 9:28:40 AM
Major Gamer posted...

Yes, that is what I was going for. Regardless of difficulty level, you still need to progress through whatever the game has to see the later stuff. Want to see Heroic Sha? Then do the rest on Heroic. Want to see LFR Sha? Then do the rest on LFR. Just don't go demanding Heroic Sha the second you ding 90.

Yea, no one's demanding that.