This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do people struggle to clear heroic content?

#1xDallasPosted 3/16/2013 8:27:39 PM
It seems the majority of people on this board, and in-game, struggle to clear heroic content until a nerf hits. At the same time, everyone complains about the game being too easy.
---
wiener in my butt- Bradcube
#2DawnshadowPosted 3/16/2013 8:44:59 PM
Well, bads who aren't as good as me are getting loot and having fun without spending 45 hours a week wiping. This clearly means the game is too easy and should be made harder so they get on my level. Games are supposed to be grindy and tedious and hard, not fun.

Anyone better than me is a no-life scrub, of course.

</sarcasm>
---
I have a blog! Warcraft and other gamer musings.
http://oilstainedlibram.wordpress.com/
#3realast_killaz1Posted 3/16/2013 9:17:17 PM
heroics are easy
#4xDallas(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2013 9:18:07 PM
realast_killaz1 posted...
heroics are easy

Have you cleared them though? That is what everyone on the board says, but they never clear heroics lol.
---
wiener in my butt- Bradcube
#5scarecrowsPosted 3/16/2013 9:35:12 PM
Because I raid with idiots.
---
"Your an imbecile" - Gallusz
#6game freakozoidPosted 3/17/2013 12:07:28 AM
xDallas posted...
realast_killaz1 posted...
heroics are easy

Have you cleared them though? That is what everyone on the board says, but they never clear heroics lol.

Actually, according to this board, even the scrubs here have exclusively tested patch 5.4 and personally downed Garrosh on their own on heroic mode with ilvl 364 gear.
#7CacofiendPosted 3/17/2013 3:06:07 AM
Many reasons for many guilds to be honest. 5 of the most common reasons I'm sure we can aggree on are below:

1) Lack of regularly raid attendence.

2) People not putting in the effort to farm gear relevant to the content they are doing.

3) Some of the people in the raid not being as good as they think they are.

4) Guild drama / or Guild falling apart (especially during key parts of an expansion)

5) Poor communication skills of the raid leader or knowledge of the fights in advance. Hell I've seen some raiders in the past refuse to use mumble/Vent etc even if they have speakers but not the mic.
#8SuperFlipPosted 3/17/2013 4:30:41 AM
Because I raid with idiots.
---
Playing : WoW, Warcraft II TAS
See quote for Friends Codes
#9otisanimePosted 3/17/2013 5:30:49 AM
Probably something like 15-20% of the 10 million players do normal raid content.
Probably something like 1% of the 10 million players do heroic raid content.

Most people don't struggle to do it. Most people just don't do it at all. Ever. Period.
---
PSN: OtimusPSN // XBOX Live: Otimus // Steam: mightypotatojones
Now playing: Tribes Ascend (PC)
#10KokeiiPosted 3/17/2013 5:47:32 AM
In my experience doing heroic content (admittedly, we did not go 16/16), and even in the normal ToT at the moment, it involves a few things which are all tied together: Attendance, gear, and preparation regarding strategy. Not having the SAME 25 people in the raid consistently leads to not everyone being at the same gear level (ie a constantly revolving roster means maybe 30-35 are sharing loot as opposed to 25), and having an inconsistent roster means some people who were there for some attempts, might not be the same people who are there on the following night of attempts, meaning we have to re-learn the best strategy for our group comp and teach the new people the fight, which is just wasted time.