This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do people struggle to clear heroic content?

#21metroidfreakv4Posted 3/17/2013 4:29:07 PM
Well, I'll give my input on the heroics I have done. Which is all of cata, and half of wrath.

I played a hunter and ele/resto shaman (resto main spec in cata cause we got so op IMO)

Dps wise it was a lot easier to get into a heroic because my hunter was great with roll wins, and I just can play one very well. Not as much now because I just hate how they play in mop. 100%.
Playing a ranged though let me see things more, and healing taught me an extreme amount of raid awareness. I think everyone should play healer at a raid level, because you learn awareness way faster than any other role I tried, which is all but tanking. What I learned is in most groups, only 1-2 people are honest to god clearing mechanics well and performing their best. The rest either die by mechanics or are barely squeezing enough damage out. Healers over extended their heals and they go out of mana, etc. luckily I'm on a really good realm that pugs heroics, but I would say the reason why only 1% or whatever full clears is because they either aren't dedicated or their group is holding them back and they don't know it or don't care
---
WotLK ending cinematic: Arthas:Father.....is this over?....
Father:no my son....the raid resets next week.. Who noticed I fixed the Typos? only took 4 years :)
#22koujimorenoPosted 3/17/2013 4:29:47 PM
mz985 posted...
You need top of the line computers

Um.....
#23mz985Posted 3/19/2013 2:51:39 PM
mz985 posted...
You need top of the line computers

Um.....

Um yes, yes you do. For proper 25 heroic raiding content an E-machine from Wal-Mart isnt going to work.
---
mz985
Making different faces smile every day.
#24Hi2utooPosted 3/19/2013 5:31:59 PM
Why WoW raiding is a complete joke:

1) Hey guys go watch the guide that tells you how to play the game, because we all suck and learning together takes too long and is too hard.We have lives you know.

2) Everyone else sucks, no one watches the video guides and the raid leader isn't holding everyone's hands.

3) Video guides weren't enough, so make sure you download addons that put big letters on your screen telling you what to do.

4) Spend weeks over-gearing the content and beat it after watching all the videos and wiping hundreds of times. "WoW is easy guys."
---
Lebron James and the Miami Heat are the 2012-2013 NBA Champions
#25ljgfPosted 3/19/2013 8:29:12 PM
Why WoW raiding is a complete joke:

1) Hey guys go watch the guide that tells you how to play the game, because we all suck and learning together takes too long and is too hard.We have lives you know.

2) Everyone else sucks, no one watches the video guides and the raid leader isn't holding everyone's hands.

3) Video guides weren't enough, so make sure you download addons that put big letters on your screen telling you what to do.

4) Spend weeks over-gearing the content and beat it after watching all the videos and wiping hundreds of times. "WoW is easy guys."

That's really more a statement about large parts of the player base than it is about raiding itself.
#26HakPosted 3/20/2013 2:23:10 AM
When it comes to heroics, there's a fine line between "being a good challenge" and "frustratingly difficult". That line is entirely personal - one man's heroic mode is another man's LFR. Some people rise to the challenge if they can see it as being doable, however others give up, get frustrated, throw a fit and ragequit after their second 95% wipe.

The 10/25 man separation is also an issue - it's easier to find 10 people who are patient and prepared to make teh extra effort than it is to find 25. My guild is the last 25-man raiding guild on the server, and even on heroics we still have people who stand in bad stuff, don't target switch, don't interrupt/decurse when they're told to... our biggest challenge is that people are too used to DS being easymode for a year (until Spine) that they got too used to it and don't want to make the effort any more.
---
In the book, it says He created us to be just like Him. So if we're dumb, then God is dumb, and maybe a little bit ugly on the side. - Zappa
#27fan360Posted 3/20/2013 7:32:19 AM(edited)
Everyone I know in real life has cleared heroic ToT.
Most Baddies come from the other side of internet and gamefaqs forum.

Unlike other games, to do ToT, you need gears from the previous content.
You cannot catch up in one or two weeks.

If you missed last patch, you have to wait for next expansion.