This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How many expansions do you think are left?

#21TheAncientMonkPosted 3/18/2013 9:44:27 PM
A LOT less than the number of times this topic comes up.

Why does it even matter?
Play for today. It ends when it ends.

You really don't think that Blizzard has a backup plan to take our money?
Expansion, expansion?, expansion?, WoW2?

Are you worried when the world is going to end? Or are you just living life until it may happen?

Geesus. Come on!
#22HakPosted 3/19/2013 1:58:37 AM
Skeletal_King posted...
Two. I figure the next expansion will be Northrend 2.0, and the one after that will be everyone vs the Burning Legion, and introduces the Demon Hunter as a playable class.

Why do you have such a boner for Demon Hunter? Seriously, any time this topic comes up you mention bringing in Demon Hunters... a class made pretty much entirely irrelevant by Rogues and Warriors.
---
In the book, it says He created us to be just like Him. So if we're dumb, then God is dumb, and maybe a little bit ugly on the side. - Zappa
#23InfestedAdamPosted 3/19/2013 5:46:15 AM
Wookie_Is_Back posted...
Mal'Ganis is also still alive.

That is true but I see him more as a minion still. I only mentioned Sargeras and the remaining Old God because from an overall perspective they're the ones that started this whole mess and are the puppermaster behind each expansion....so to speak.

We can have another expansion with Azshara or Kil'jaden return but in the end even powerful beings such as these are still minions of greater power.
---
"You must gather your party before venturing forth"
"Go for the eyes Boo! Go for the eyes!"
#24ATiRadeonHDPosted 3/19/2013 6:03:05 AM
InfestedAdam posted...
Wookie_Is_Back posted...
Mal'Ganis is also still alive.

That is true but I see him more as a minion still. I only mentioned Sargeras and the remaining Old God because from an overall perspective they're the ones that started this whole mess and are the puppermaster behind each expansion....so to speak.

We can have another expansion with Azshara or Kil'jaden return but in the end even powerful beings such as these are still minions of greater power.

Blizzard has shown an eagerness to write new stories, not just continue old arcs. If the population stays above 500k-1mil, I think we can see expansions for the next 20 years - unless Blizzard decides to either:

1) Port to a new in-house engine (WoW2)

2) Replace it with World of Starcraft
---
|| i5-3570k @ 4.5GHz || nVidia GTX 660Ti || Thermaltake 600 watt PSU || 8GB DDR3 || Windows 7
#25Skeletal_KingPosted 3/21/2013 7:21:39 AM
Hak posted...
Skeletal_King posted...
Two. I figure the next expansion will be Northrend 2.0, and the one after that will be everyone vs the Burning Legion, and introduces the Demon Hunter as a playable class.

Why do you have such a boner for Demon Hunter? Seriously, any time this topic comes up you mention bringing in Demon Hunters... a class made pretty much entirely irrelevant by Rogues and Warriors.

...Because it only makes sense?
---
http://backloggery.com/kodan882 <- Anything I'm currently playing
#26IdTheDemonPosted 3/21/2013 7:43:48 AM
At least 2 Warcraft lore based ones: Burning Legion and Azshara. Could get more if they want to dive into Titans

With Mists of Pandaria, Blizzard showed that they could base an expansion without heavy use of previous Warcraft lore. So expect more of those too.
---
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmane/ceejay/simple
#27I think I am a phonePosted 3/21/2013 8:06:33 AM
How many did everquest have? More than that.
---
Paranoia keeps things interesting.