This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it just me or generally speaking this expansion has been easier on melee?

#1ElaeusPosted 3/17/2013 3:53:24 PM
I mean ok, probably my raid group being composed of competent people is an essential factor but if this is any indication at all, I find myself preferring to play monk (or rogue if it was geared enough) for alt runs rather than say, my warlock or ele shaman which are both admittedly fun (they are both 90 now but not even geared in 5hcs gear). Ok, I enjoy monk and rogue alot more than the other two as it is, but the reason I am going for them in alt choices is not only that but rather the fact that I somehow find them to be easier to manage...

I mean our tanks being good about positioning and movement making things easier but I find myself as a melee responsible for keeping an eye on significantly less things than our ranged group. Most fights in the last tier I am literally standing and dpsing with the occasional add switching and puddle to move out from.

Any input from people that main melee classes would be appreciated (I main a holy/prot pala).
---
'I am always surprised at how you, a Czech, have better grammar, spelling, and style than many native born speakers in the U.S.' -Ruvan22
#2Little ZardarPosted 3/17/2013 4:09:24 PM
i have to help our ranged with the shells on tortos. let me tell you how fun that is just a sec after i get done crying
---
http://i.imgur.com/2EJdw.gif
Rogue PvP in a nutshell.
#3Elaeus(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 4:13:38 PM
Little Zardar posted...
i have to help our ranged with the shells on tortos. let me tell you how fun that is just a sec after i get done crying

Oh, it's early for me to tell this tier. I just noticed the dps numbers of our melee being unaffected again and judged by that. It's only been two resets now and I am healing. As a paladin healer I am used to be the raid's tasks whore like CCing and providing support, so kicking turtles is part of the job in this case.

What about melee in t14?
---
'I am always surprised at how you, a Czech, have better grammar, spelling, and style than many native born speakers in the U.S.' -Ruvan22
#4Elaeus(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2013 3:18:46 AM
bump, I would really like to hear how people that main melee classes generally feel.
---
#5game freakozoidPosted 3/18/2013 5:20:57 AM
I would say yes that as melee I haven't really had much trouble. Figured it was to make up for Cata where at times melee was all but worthless.