This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What ilvl does gear have to be before YOU gem/enchant it?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. What ilvl does gear have to be before YOU gem/enchant it?
2 years ago#1
I won't gem/enchant anything below 463 personally.

How about you? What lvl does an item have to be for you to put gems/enchants on it?
2 years ago#2
I'll gem and enchant anything I expect to last at least two weeks, assuming I actually intend to play that character in group content.

Granted, it's not always expensive gems and enchants; I have a JC and enchanter with their professions maxed. For pre-current tier gear, I'll typically use the cheap stuff-- I'll save the really expensive things for a character I plan to pug raids on.
---
I have a blog! Warcraft and other gamer musings.
http://oilstainedlibram.wordpress.com/
2 years ago#3
My enchanter has an entire bank including 2x 32 slot enchanting bags full of junk. I dump it by sending level 85's several copies of their enchants which I use whenever they get an upgrade.

I'm pretty sure gem slots don't even appear until level 463. When they appear, I use them unless I know I can craft something for that slot soon enough.

I don't do living steel belt buckle or sha crystal enchants until I hit epics, and sometimes don't do them on my alts at all.
---
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? ..."
- Matthew 16:26
2 years ago#4
Has to be epic. With the new patch I'm not sure I'd enchant anything below 483
---
~Kweh
2 years ago#5
Blue, but I'd stick with cheap enchants (such as windsong instead of jade spirit), but there aren't really very many expensive enchants anymore. But, those expensive enchants take epic gear I know I'll get some use out of.
---
I own a computer!
2 years ago#6
I won't enchant anything I can upgrade within the month. I'll gem whatever item, unless it's a meta.
2 years ago#7
Usually I'll enchant anything above 463 but unless it's something I won't replace anytime soon I will stick to the cheaper enchants.
---
WoW: 90 Druid | 90 Monk | 85 Priest | 85 Warlock | 85 Deathknight | 85 Warrior | 85 Paladin | 85 Shaman | 85 Hunter | 80 Mage | 80 Rogue
2 years ago#8
A socket for gems and a purp or boa for enchants.
---
GT: Purity6of6Evil6
Praeclarum Custodem Ovium Lupum
2 years ago#9
Anything I will raid with, which is usually raid entry level gear.

Early WotLK: lv187/200.
Early Cata: lv346
Early MoP: lv463

In Cata and since everything was on catch up for alts, I enchanted lv378+ gear when I geared my rogue for DS. So yeah.
---
'I am always surprised at how you, a Czech, have better grammar, spelling, and style than many native born speakers in the U.S.' -Ruvan22
2 years ago#10
I'll throw the cheap stuff on 450 to make heroics smoother. My main gets top of the line stuff all the time.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. What ilvl does gear have to be before YOU gem/enchant it?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived