This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So WoW is more about the CPU/processing power than the Video card, right?

#11pistachio2888Posted 3/19/2013 8:58:48 AM
IdTheDemon posted...
i5 3750's are only $180 or so and it's an amazing CPU. Actually looking to get one this weekend with a new MOBO.

^ yes yes yes i have the same one great processor, also have a great mother board Asus p8z77-v which was 140 bucks and a 550 ti ddr5 2gb which was 150. Dont buy ram upgrades from the site when buying a new computer just buy those separate since they are much cheaper.
---
Hello my name is Trolly of Trollington HAHA MageuLook
#12halomonkey1_3_5Posted 3/19/2013 9:13:12 AM(edited)
WoW needs CPU power more than GPU power(not that you WONT be bottlenecked by a bad GPU, but a CPU bottleneck is much worse for WoW). Basically any recent non-budget GPU(7850/GTX 560 Ti) coupled with an i5 would probably be the best price/performance ratio if you're just trying to play WoW and a few other games(especially if you just want high/ultra and dont care about "maxing"(every setting as high as possible) them out).

GW2 would probably have similar requirements(I.E. CPU>GPU) and CoD shouldnt be hard to run at all unless you're trying for a budget build.

in summary:

i5
7850/7870/GTX 560 Ti/GTX 650 Ti
8GB RAM

That should be enough for WoW(and most things honestly) to be run at High/Ultra settings at a fairly good framerate.
---
Billy Mays: July 20, 1958 - June 28, 2009
The Greatest
#13MarndosPosted 3/19/2013 9:52:31 AM
I have an i5-2500K, a 560 Ti, and 4GB RAM. I run at 1920x1080 max settings just fine, the only time I ever experience any sort of slowdown is on absurdly large fights, like world bosses where half the server shows up for the party.
---
Please change your vector and move to a different coordinate because this quadrant is off limits.
#14TheGreatCheeze(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 10:16:10 AM(edited)
vahndragonwing posted...
TheGreatCheeze posted...
hans1111 posted...
I get like stable 75fps with eveyrthing maxed

I7
GTX 680

Yeah, well, that single card is like 90% of the budget I had in mind. Sounds like some good ol' fashioned over kill to me. If I could spare the expense I wouldn't hesitate, though.

Wait, so your budget is ~$500?

Good luck, man.

Well I'm not really looking to max anything, I just want to be able to run the game with decent graphic settings and not get 2 fps when I'm standing alone in a room in Exodar.

Edit: Just realized I put high-ultra in the OP, I was thinking more like medium-high. I know I probably won't be able to run WoW on ultra on any computer I get that's not terribly expensive. But 500 was kind of just a base starting point for the budget/
---
I follow people around on their slow mounts and say "CAN'T LET YOU DO THAT, STAR FOX!"
-Cereburus Q
#15zodiacsoulPosted 3/19/2013 10:42:06 AM(edited)
you can get a really good computer for only like 2 thousand dollars, then you can run WOW on max settings. And remember to avoid buying from dell and those other computer companies, its better to make it yourself.

My computer has

i7
GTX 680 card (was thinking of getting SLI but dont need it yet)
32 GB of RAM
4 TB of HDD, have another 2 TB external HDD just for adult videos
dual monitor

It was a serious upgrade from playing on a laptop
#16toolittletimePosted 3/19/2013 10:47:46 AM
zodiacsoul posted...
you can get a really good computer for only like 2 thousand dollars, then you can run WOW on max settings. And remember to avoid buying from dell and those other computer companies, its better to make it yourself.

My computer has

i7
GTX 680 card (was thinking of getting SLI but dont need it yet)
32 GB of RAM
4 TB of HDD, have another 2 TB external HDD just for adult videos
dual monitor

It was a serious upgrade from playing on a laptop

If you are just playing WoW you won't need a rig that nice until WoW 2023, nice setup though but it doesn't cost anything close to 2k to play this game on ultra.
---
"Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it."
Mark Twain