This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I haven't played since early WotLK, what's changed?

#1Soviet_PolandPosted 3/18/2013 10:03:26 PM
I quit my addiction years ago. I'm sure it's like a different game by now. My last memory was Death Knights upon release and how brokenly awesome they were.
#2FiredraconianPosted 3/18/2013 11:58:41 PM
I'm curious about this as well. I had to stop playing WoW just before Firelands came out in Cata due to RL issues, but I might be able to start playing again later this summer. Is the game a lot different, or pretty much the same in terms of class roles and such? Any huge shake-ups caused by the new expansion and monk class?
---
"I wake up early, and I don't go to bed until I've made some very poor decisions."
#3c0sa n0straPosted 3/19/2013 1:25:12 AM
Noone is going to spell out everything that has changed, go to Wowpedia and look up patchnotes or something.
#4AC_DragonfirePosted 3/19/2013 2:26:49 AM
You can play the game up until lvl 20 for free so i'd try that out.
#5iluvupsetsPosted 3/19/2013 2:45:32 AM
I left at the start of cata and this game is almost completely different. Biggest change to me is that the talent trees are gone.....
---
"(Looks) Like a ghost maybe... And the thing about ghosts, is that they previously died..." ~EckyThump
#6Nomadic ViewPosted 3/19/2013 5:22:35 AM
Tons of stuff.

The most notable is a completely new talent system and transmogrification (which allows you to keep the stats of item X, but it looks like item Y.)
---
{}\\{}(o){}\\//{}//=\\{})){}(< \\//{}{{-{}//\\{}
#7EnixPosted 3/19/2013 7:04:48 AM
What hasn't changed is the search function here which lists these topics...
#8Soviet_Poland(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 4:26:14 PM(edited)
Enix posted...

Boohoo. Natural selection of forum posts. I am not invested enough to find the answer despite being capable of applying the skills to research said question. Some forum goers derive enjoyment from answering these kinds of questions. I'm not asking for an entire list of every patch since then, but really noticeable differences.

If there isn't a forum goer who wants to put forth the effort to type a few lines, no harm done. If there is, great. Your post was by far the least productive, and friendly post. You are bad and you should feel badly.

To anyone who did answer: Thank you :)

The lack of talent trees blew my mind.
#9GENERALJA0Posted 3/19/2013 5:15:00 PM
Soviet_Poland posted...
Enix posted...

Boohoo. Natural selection of forum posts. I am not invested enough to find the answer despite being capable of applying the skills to research said question. Some forum goers derive enjoyment from answering these kinds of questions. I'm not asking for an entire list of every patch since then, but really noticeable differences.

If there isn't a forum goer who wants to put forth the effort to type a few lines, no harm done. If there is, great. Your post was by far the least productive, and friendly post. You are bad and you should feel badly.

Someone just got wtfbbq pwnd
---
^^^ Above statements are my opinions and mine alone...
PSN- KiLLURjA0 XBL - KiLLER JA0
#10maddawg223Posted 3/19/2013 5:40:01 PM
Soviet_Poland posted...
Enix posted...

Oh snap!
---
Xbox GT- MaDDawg223
UMvC team- Wesker, Taskmaster, Dante