This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How can i get from ilevel 464-480?

#1Adam90Posted 3/19/2013 6:48:03 AM
Just by Raid Finder? Will take a pretty damn long time. I'm also not exalted with many factions.
---
2012-2013 New York Knicks 38-25
#2KokeiiPosted 3/19/2013 6:51:09 AM
Honor gear is 476, so you could either run BGs or do heroics and convert the JP to honor. Then you can inflate your ilevel with a 522 neck, and 496 items from the newer factions (which require rep and VP). You can also buy 489 stuff with VP from the older factions. You can also check the AH for epics. And then, of course, keep running the older LFRs.
#3HeySupErrorPosted 3/19/2013 6:52:56 AM
www.wowhead.com/npc=70535

Doesn't require any rep to purchase the 522 neck. Just 1250 valor
---
RIP Airrawr_
http://i37.tinypic.com/x1wt2u.jpg
#4Blue-AdeptPosted 3/19/2013 6:55:14 AM(edited)
First: Go to Isle of Thunder, do the dailies (for Lesser Charms to convert into Mogu Runes of Fate for an extra roll in the new Raid Finder raids)

Second: After your first round of dailies on IoT (can only get ~33 charms a day there), find a rare enemy hunting group and join them until you get a purple key that lets you enter the treasure scenario.

Third: With the key, go to the sewer to the left of the gate leading into the next zone (should have a lock icon on the map if your server is still on Step 2)

Fourth: Do the scenario. You should get anywhere from 1-10 Elder Charms of Good Fortune (I average 5, but you can end up with 0 or more than 10). Open as many chests in the FIRST room you enter (other rooms are much harder to deal with).

Fifth: With your elder charms, do EVERY raid finder raid. You SHOULD get at least 1 piece of gear.

Sixth: Spend your remaining charms on the bosses you need.

Seventh: If you run out of Charms and have done every raid, grind for Honor PvP gear. It is just as good as other 476 pieces since PvP gear now has main stats as well as PvP Power and Resil.

It took me less than a week to hit 480 and my character is sitting at around 485 just from Raid Finder, Sha, and the first 4 HoF bosses on normal. I do, though, still have a PvP wep, bracers, and chest.

ALSO, as the people have said above: Get the 522 neck and DO NOT SPEND VALOR ON ANYTHING THAT IS NOT 522. Do the ToT raid finder raid as soon as you can so that you can start getting rep with the Shado-pan Assault. It isn't worth it to spend valor on anything not 522 with how fast you can get 496 gear. I also recommend trying to find a MSV pug asap.
#5kidwgmPosted 3/19/2013 7:16:28 AM
Blue-Adept posted...
First: Go to Isle of Thunder, do the dailies (for Lesser Charms to convert into Mogu Runes of Fate for an extra roll in the new Raid Finder raids)

Second: After your first round of dailies on IoT (can only get ~33 charms a day there), find a rare enemy hunting group and join them until you get a purple key that lets you enter the treasure scenario.

Third: With the key, go to the sewer to the left of the gate leading into the next zone (should have a lock icon on the map if your server is still on Step 2)

Fourth: Do the scenario. You should get anywhere from 1-10 Elder Charms of Good Fortune (I average 5, but you can end up with 0 or more than 10). Open as many chests in the FIRST room you enter (other rooms are much harder to deal with).

Fifth: With your elder charms, do EVERY raid finder raid. You SHOULD get at least 1 piece of gear.

Sixth: Spend your remaining charms on the bosses you need.

Seventh: If you run out of Charms and have done every raid, grind for Honor PvP gear. It is just as good as other 476 pieces since PvP gear now has main stats as well as PvP Power and Resil.

It took me less than a week to hit 480 and my character is sitting at around 485 just from Raid Finder, Sha, and the first 4 HoF bosses on normal. I do, though, still have a PvP wep, bracers, and chest.

ALSO, as the people have said above: Get the 522 neck and DO NOT SPEND VALOR ON ANYTHING THAT IS NOT 522. Do the ToT raid finder raid as soon as you can so that you can start getting rep with the Shado-pan Assault. It isn't worth it to spend valor on anything not 522 with how fast you can get 496 gear. I also recommend trying to find a MSV pug asap.

This was extremely helpful. As I'm in the same boat of getting gear. Thanks for the explanation.
---
GT: Kid Whimsical 3DS FC: 4811-7436-8881
#6Alnilam81Posted 3/19/2013 7:49:00 AM
What Blue Adept said is probably the best route. If you're mainly after just hitting 480 then focus on getting those palace keys more than anything. You should easily get one from a rare each week, plus you often get another (once a week) from the chests that spawn around the island.

Run the scenario and you should have a good stack if charms to use in LFR, I usually just do the first be room and the first connecting corridor and average 10-15 charms, and 300-400 gold per run, but there is a certain amount of luck involved.

Then just keep running LFR until you hit 470, then really just focus on running terrace and the second half of heart of fear over and over using up your charms. Make sure you check the dungeon journal to see what each boss drops so that you're not wasting charms on loot you don't need.

Doing dailies will also help in the long run as the lesser charms you get can be turned in for the new Mogu Runes of Fate which are needed to get a bonus roll in the new raid.

The other option is killing the 3 PvP rares that spawn around the enemy factions base in krasarang wilds. They each always drop a token that gives you 250 honor points (275+ with perks) and respawn every hour. Depending on your server you can farm those and rake in 750-825hp in 5 minutes, then buy the new 476 PvP gear which will help.
#7Blue-AdeptPosted 3/19/2013 10:28:09 AM
Side note:

Do Sha and Galleon each week (Oondasta is optional since he is rare) and use a token on each if you can,

PvP dailies are available on Isle of Thunder which rewards around 800 honor and Grizzly Hills has 4 quests that reward 50 honor each.