This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Location of WC II missions

#1Master_LynkPosted 3/19/2013 4:30:32 PM
I did a lot of thinking after playing WCII and III as to where certain missions were.
Southshore, Tarrenmill, Hillsbrad, hearthglen and other major cities are obvious but the first Human mission I'm not sure of

Based on the wowwiki is seems unlikely due to several factors that the Outpost in the Hillsbrad Foothills in the first mission was the town of Hillsbrad, several reasons are its coastal location and the Lordaeron internment camo which matched up well with Hillsbrad in Wow.
http://www.wowwiki.com/Hillsbrad
if you want to read more ^

Here is the first mission from II if anyone is clueless to what I'm discussing.
http://www.wowwiki.com/Tides_of_Darkness_missions

I have several theories as to what could be this small outpost from the first mission.
1. It simply doesn't exist due to the unimportance of it especially since the town of Hillsbrad was more important.
2. looking at the map of the modern Hillsbrad foothills (including Alteric Mountains) and WC II it seems like the outpost must be somewhere between Dalaran and Hillsbrad town. The outpost itself being close to Dalaran could have been absorbed into the suburbs of Dalaran, which now consists of the ruins around the Dalaran crater.
3. Given the fact that Alteric moved significantly closer after II it is possible that the exact location could have changed as well. Several small things that could be considered former Alliance outposts do exist in the Hillsbrad Foothills including Durnholde Keep and Eastpoint tower.

Just a thought.
#2AceronPosted 3/19/2013 11:16:24 PM
I would say that Durnholde Keep was built out of the outpost constructed in the first mission. Purely speciulation on my part, but I think it makes sense.
A town hall, a barracks, and a couple farms nearby, poised to guard the Hillbrad region from attack from the East, where the orcs were invading from at the time.
---
Believe in yourself. Not you, that believes in me.
Not me, that believes in you. Believe in you that believes in yourself. - Kamina, TTGL
#3Master_Lynk(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2013 6:22:31 PM
Yeah I haven't seen too much of Durnholde Keep. Wish my labtop would work again so I can play again.