This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Elder Scrolls -Online-(MMO) is comming... and WOW will dies :)

#51ljgfPosted 3/20/2013 7:31:46 PM
I didn't read all 5 pages, but I'll throw my 2 cents in here.

You should switch to 50 posts per page.

Anyway, like people have said before, the only people who ever say that another MMO is going to be a WoW-killer are trolls and WoW players. No one else cares, at all. It's a separate game, and if it succeeds or fails it'll largely be on it's own merits. WoW has less to do with it than people here seem to think. The only times when it's really relevant to other MMOs is when they are clones of it. In that case, they deserve to fail because they're just an inferior version of an existing product. Thankfully, The Elder Scrolls Online seems to be going in a different direction, so hopefully the two games can coexist peacefully.
#52CaliberChampPosted 3/20/2013 7:56:30 PM
It will only kill WoW if it is a sub free game. No monthly payment BS. Of course the diehard WoW fans will always stick to WoW just cause they invested way too much into, and they are stuck into paying Blizzard $15 a month for life... poor souls.
---
Recommended games: Guild Wars 2, The Witcher 2, Skyrim, Batman Arkham city
Terrible games: Dark Souls, Demon Souls, Diablo 3, X-Com, War Z, EVE Online.
#53GENERALJA0Posted 3/20/2013 8:22:26 PM
kill_distroy posted...
jenrais posted...
One problem ESO has

No raids

Which is precisely why it won't kill WoW, it isn't even trying to. The game is just trying to be an Elder Scrolls game with social aspects. The developers even said that. It wants to create it's own fanbase.

Honestly I think that's what will make the game awesome I have spent hundreds of hours on oblivion and skyrim and the one thing I always said if I could do this but with my friends id never leave the house again
---
^^^ Above statements are my opinions and mine alone...
PSN- KiLLURjA0 XBL - KiLLER JA0
#54Ashen_VerdictPosted 3/21/2013 8:57:03 AM
CaliberChamp posted...
It will only kill WoW if it is a sub free game. No monthly payment BS. Of course the diehard WoW fans will always stick to WoW just cause they invested way too much into, and they are stuck into paying Blizzard $15 a month for life... poor souls.

I'll be glad to continually pay Blizzard $15 per 30 days if that means they never turn to a gimped f2p format where I can only have 3 characters, or choose between 4 races and/or classes, or reduce exp. gains, or put a low cap on the amount of in-game currency I can make unless I pay a "PREMIUM ULTIMA PLATINUM" fee.
---
Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you... seven asses.
http://i.imgur.com/vMmyK.jpg
#55RentedToolboxPosted 3/21/2013 10:17:04 AM
I don't really care if ESO kills WoW, but if it kills Elder Scrolls VI before it even begins I am gonna be PISSED. I kinda hope it fails so they can redirect their full attention to what they're best at.
#56Ruppe21Posted 3/21/2013 12:10:01 PM
RentedToolbox posted...
I don't really care if ESO kills WoW, but if it kills Elder Scrolls VI before it even begins I am gonna be PISSED. I kinda hope it fails so they can redirect their full attention to what they're best at.

The online game is made by a completely different company so the 2 games will never interfere with eachother.
#57havok718Posted 3/21/2013 12:24:29 PM
TES MMO
has instanced dungeons
non persistent world

http://i.imgur.com/dpWLKqM.jpg

Lets make an MMO based on the last game we should make an MMO out of.

The MMO will be nothing like the other games.

It will be glorious.
#58ShibutoPosted 3/22/2013 6:54:10 AM
FFXIV killed wow.

Well its going to try again does that count?
---
"I saw GAMEFAQs with faqs being spelled like faqs instead of facts I figured poor grammar to be welcomed" -MiKe345675
#59I think I am a phonePosted 3/23/2013 2:58:01 AM
who are you trying to convince here us or you?
---
Paranoia keeps things interesting.
#60ShadowEdgeXPosted 3/23/2013 9:39:29 AM
Will this be F2P?
---
Proud to have formerly lived in the only country in the world whose National Sport has a sequel