This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Elder Scrolls -Online-(MMO) is comming... and WOW will dies :)

#71EDarienPosted 3/24/2013 6:33:51 AM
s_dubs posted...
Giving Blizzard my money doesn't factor into the equation at all lol. I just get bored and quit with each expansion. It's simple as that. And i got right to 60 just as BC was coming out.

Well it does factor in if you consider that's the point. You're saying that WoW kills itself with every expansion, but you and every other person paying them to play their game is keeping it alive. That's the opposite of it dying. If anything, they resurrect themselves every expansion since you keep coming back.
---
On a scale of 1 to Voldemort, he's a "Doesn't have a nose, but doesn't know Evada Kedabra." - RAGEface14
#72vahndragonwingPosted 3/24/2013 6:39:08 AM
CaliberChamp posted...
It will only kill WoW if it is a sub free game. No monthly payment BS. Of course the diehard WoW fans will always stick to WoW just cause they invested way too much into, and they are stuck into paying Blizzard $15 a month for life... poor souls.

Yeah, makes sense since GW2 killed wow, right?
---
IMO
#73Nomadic ViewPosted 3/24/2013 1:42:14 PM
The best thing about The Elder Scroll games is that there's not other people ****ing up stuff you're trying to do.

It's nice to actually be the hero and not just Adventurer #4759. WoW is nice, but I feel like the major NPCs are the stars and the players are just grunts.
---
{}\\{}(o){}\\//{}//=\\{})){}(< \\//{}{{-{}//\\{}
#74TloyaPosted 3/24/2013 2:16:47 PM(edited)
I think at this point, after Aion and Warhammer and AoC and Rift and especially ToR, people understand that no quantity of fancy new features or shiny new graphics will kill WoW.

The best thing about The Elder Scroll games is that there's not other people ****ing up stuff you're trying to do.

It's nice to actually be the hero and not just Adventurer #4759. WoW is nice, but I feel like the major NPCs are the stars and the players are just grunts.

Also this is so true--and so much of the cool stuff about the TES gameplay model--committing crimes in town and duking it out with the guard, custom-crafting obscenely powerful spells and gear to become a living god, using clever skill combinations or positioning to vanquish much more powerful foes with ease--is stuff that wouldn't work in an MMO environment.
---
Posts look awkward without a signature underneath
#75GreatDrakePosted 3/24/2013 2:23:11 PM
The biggest draw to TES games being able to do what ever you want, and the ability to mod it how you want to Won't work very well in a MMO so most likely it won't be as popular as people would think.
---
Bedlam Boy's Disturbing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2puDJun9iCA&feature=related
#76flairePosted 3/25/2013 2:15:31 AM
MMORPG's nowadays are all about content

they all have enough content to keep some players for a few months but then a LOT of players finish it and there is nothing left. Really the only company churning out new content on a regular and frequent basis is Bliz with WoW.

It really doesn't matter if someone posts that they get bored of WoW quickly. Still about 10 million others having fun with it. There is constant churn in sub base. Peeps quitting and new peeps signing up.

Nobody said WoW is for everyone. Its just that WoW is for way way way more people than any other MMO right now.

WoW is one of the most successful subscription based games in the entire world. There are lots of free 2 play games that give it a run for its money based on total players but they give away for free what WoW players happily pay for.

I hope TES is great but I doubt it will maintain the content necessary for modern MMO players. Quests don't keep players long. Skyrim type mechanics will utterly fail in an MMO.

The only area of WoW that has plummeted has been the pvp. PvE has been fairly steady. There is still a ton of players in pvp but it is down a lotfrom the first 6 seasons. Even with the plummet, there is still more pvp players than in most other MMORPG's.

I think the biggest barrier for other companies is simply the cost of getting their MMO to the place where WoW is. It is a colossal amount of money to get there and they have a big risk of design mistakes along the way.
---
So many games......So little time.......