This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best tank for a mental incompetent?

#1DAntiproduktPosted 3/20/2013 10:33:10 PM
I don't like buttons. The less I have to push, the better. The title was kind of provocative; I don't really care how reflex-based the job is, I just ****ing hate skill bar bloat for aesthetic reasons.

inb4 "don't tank" as if tanking itself is actually hard nowadays
ib4 "if it's not hard why do you care which is the easiest" because some idiot doesn't understand that easiness is not a boolean because gamefaqs suffers from chronic stupidity
inb4 someone takes me seriously and tells me to go into therapy
---
Get going. Get tough. Get angry! Stay hungry! Get mean! Stay lean! Say what you mean and say it mean.
#2F6F3Hellcat253Posted 3/20/2013 10:38:34 PM
Paladin
---
-Summer-
#3Kanus_oq_SerunaPosted 3/20/2013 11:04:10 PM
I don't like buttons

Mage.
---
For topical discussions of the Source Mod remake of Half Life: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/683833-black-mesa
#4Lewis TherinPosted 3/20/2013 11:32:44 PM
Stay away from warrior tanking
---
Tia me aven moridin isande vaden
-inscription on the Horn of Valere
#5XtraTPosted 3/20/2013 11:50:21 PM
I played all tanks and druids by far, followed by warriors
---
Grand Marshal/Gladiator Priest, Lightplol.
PvE gladiator holy paladin, Lightp.
#6Kanus_oq_SerunaPosted 3/21/2013 1:14:20 AM
Lets see, I think DKs might be the best for ya, heck, a Blood DK could click tank.

Just arange your main abilities in a neat little square.

Death Strike Blood Boil Out Break
rune Strike Heart Strike Death and Decay

For the most part, that's all you'll need, in most cased, one click OB, one clock DnD, spam click DS or RS if DS is on CD.
---
For topical discussions of the Source Mod remake of Half Life: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/683833-black-mesa
#7webbc99Posted 3/21/2013 6:58:13 AM
XtraT posted...
I played all tanks and druids by far, followed by warriors

Agree, although I'd say DKs might beat Warrior to 2nd place. Just thinking about all those banners, intervene, charges, etc.

Druid is DEFINITELY the one with fewest required keybinds.
---
PSN: Toastie88 | XBL: Mor7al S7rike | Steam: webbc99
Playing: World of Warcraft, Guild Wars 2, PSASBR
#8DawnshadowPosted 3/21/2013 10:31:04 AM
Kanus_oq_Seruna posted...
Lets see, I think DKs might be the best for ya, heck, a Blood DK could click tank.

Just arange your main abilities in a neat little square.

Death Strike Blood Boil Out Break
rune Strike Heart Strike Death and Decay

For the most part, that's all you'll need, in most cased, one click OB, one clock DnD, spam click DS or RS if DS is on CD.

^ Clearly does not play a death knight (beyond maybe an alt.)

Antimagic Shell, the 'oh, I can ignore that mechanic!' button? Icebound Fortitude? Vampiric Blood? Rune Tap? Death grip? Strangulate? Raise Ally? ARMY OF THE DEAD, the 5-man wipe prevention tool[1] in a box? Any and all active talents?

Granted, just using your offensive abilities will work for content you and your healer outgear, and 58-79 leveling content (because player power at those levels has risen sharply over the past 4 years, while the actual content has not been adjusted to match.) For anything challenging you will need your cooldowns, or you squish. Period.

That said, any tank is going to need their cooldowns for serious play; all of them will have many buttons. In my experience DK and monk are the most cooldown dependent; there's a stark difference between a good DK or monk and a bad one.

[1]- Use only in dire emergencies. Do not use against dragons not named Murzarond unless you're going to wipe anyway.
---
I have a blog! Warcraft and other gamer musings.
http://oilstainedlibram.wordpress.com/
#9Kanus_oq_SerunaPosted 3/21/2013 5:33:21 PM
And how many of those buttons do you spam constantly? 5MH, the configuration I gave will take care of most everything. Just have a bar full of the Oh Crap CDs nearby but not in the way, lets not complicate a piss easy class.
---
#10jenraisPosted 3/21/2013 5:51:40 PM
STAY AWAY FROM MONKS.

Paladins