This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would you pay $20 for the Obsidian Nightwing and $25 for a free level 80?

#1SA_X_Mk_IIPosted 3/21/2013 7:27:10 AM
So, I've been wanting to get my hands on the Obsidian Nightwing and don't have any friends that are wanting to start the game. So, I figured that if I made a second account and paid everything myself ($20 for Battle Chest, $15 for first paid month) I'd be able to get it. Although I'd be technically paying $35 in total, my main account would get a free month from the Battle Chest being added to the second account. So really, I'm paying $15 for a month and would really be paying $20 for the mount ($5 cheaper than other mounts and it's a 2 person mount too).

Now, if I did that, I'd have a second account just sitting there doing nothing. If they keep a similar thing to what they have now (Scroll of Resurrection giving a free level up to 80), I could pay for a month to activate the account again (I get the month on my main too, so not really an "extra" cost). My main gets a free month and spectral Windrider/Griffon, my secondary gets a free level 80 character. I can then pay $25 if I feel like it to transfer my new 80 from my second account to my main one.

Would any of you be willing to do the same, or have already done so?
---
.: Tamoketh :: DRM is the fix no one wants, for a problem you can't avoid :.
.: You gotta be can we do you think if we can make a should just be alone? :.
#2ViperEO2Posted 3/21/2013 7:42:08 AM
I don't see them selling DLC Characters ever. The most you'll get is an exp boost or the ability to purchase the 300% Potion. Personally $20 is too much for either a mount or a level 80. $25 for an 85 and the mount would be tempting though.
#3webbc99Posted 3/21/2013 7:46:14 AM
I did RAF myself. Don't really regret it as it was a fun experience multiboxing that I had not tried before in my many many years of WoW.

Obsidian Nightwing is cool, but I rarely use it.

My original goal was to reroll Monk for MoP, because Arms Warrior was atrocious on PTR, and Monk looked really fun. I was to level two level 80s (technically four) and use the granted levels to instantly level a Monk to level 80. However, I felt Monk was unfinished at MoP launch, so eventually just boosted a hunter to 80 that I never play.

I played a Prot Warrior, both times, with a Disc Priest following me via the Multibox software. The Warrior was set up exactly like my main was when tanking, and the Priest was set up to basically do various stuff, usually through Atonement. It would just smite constantly and keep me alive so I could 2 man dungeons basically. Various other buttons for PW:S macros and things too. Worked really well and was surprisingly good fun.

If you were doing it just for the mount, and then wouldn't use the triple XP or granted levels, I'd say it's not worth it.
---
PSN: Toastie88 | XBL: Mor7al S7rike | Steam: webbc99
Playing: World of Warcraft, Guild Wars 2, PSASBR