This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it ridiculous for brand new members to think the gbank should be unlocked...

#1FeatherbeardPosted 3/21/2013 8:34:24 PM
Personally, I am building a first tab for starter items. Need some idea for promotions though. I was going to promote everyone who stays a week up a rank and let them have access to starter items (1 stack a day) and 8g versus 3g of repairs.

Obviously this a new guild (mainly low levels), and I don't have a lot of gold myself yet (I'm not in the mils like most gms) so I'm looking for some ideas to make the guild more fun/beneficial.
#2WaffIeElitePosted 3/21/2013 8:58:14 PM
Sounds more than fair. It sounds like a leveling/zerg guild which would ultimately just have new recruits ransack everything they can out of the bank.
#3DawnshadowPosted 3/21/2013 9:16:51 PM
It's perfectly fair to restrict brand new members from the bank-- there are people out there who join a guild, take anything they can, gquit, and repeat. And anyone throwing an absolute hissy fit about not being immediately trusted with full guild bank access is not someone you want in your guild-- if they're not just looking to ninja anything they can, they're likely going to be a diva who wants the guild to revolve around them.

I wouldn't do a week, though, if you're on often enough to meet people. Just if you see them on and playing and being reasonably social, promote them.
---
I have a blog! Warcraft and other gamer musings.
http://oilstainedlibram.wordpress.com/
#4Right_Chus_1Posted 3/21/2013 9:44:51 PM
Ive seen people who make level 1's, stand by the Gbank on high pop servers, go in and out of every guild that is spamming and seeing what they can get out to sell. Kinda funny.
#5Kanus_oq_SerunaPosted 3/21/2013 11:01:20 PM
They're lucky they can even see the tabs.
---
For topical discussions of the Source Mod remake of Half Life: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/683833-black-mesa
#6TheGreatCheezePosted 3/22/2013 5:31:33 AM
My brother and I were just talking about how people would always raid the guild bank/storage in Ultima Online and WoW in the few years he played, if I had my own guild I'd be pretty paranoid about letting strangers have access to it.
---
I follow people around on their slow mounts and say "CAN'T LET YOU DO THAT, STAR FOX!"
-Cereburus Q
#7vahndragonwingPosted 3/22/2013 5:34:55 AM
The only people who have open Gbanks are people who have yet to be robbed

however, it'll come
---
IMO
#8Nomadic ViewPosted 3/22/2013 6:06:52 AM
Brand new, you have no entitlement, been in for a few weeks and you have manually contributed to the gb, yeah you deserve some access.
---
{}\\{}(o){}\\//{}//=\\{})){}(< \\//{}{{-{}//\\{}
#9Hi2utooPosted 3/22/2013 6:42:00 AM
People are just joining your guild to rob you blind bro.
---
Lebron James and the Miami Heat are the 2012-2013 NBA Champions
#10Cozmo_Posted 3/22/2013 9:50:07 AM
We had a case of that the other day. A guy joined our guild and went ballistic after we refused him money from the bank. The catch, he was lvl3... how much could he possibly want?