This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best tank class for a noob clicker?

#11DoomDenPosted 3/22/2013 7:58:43 AM
So in short, just use hotkeys. You won't be an effective tank without using at least the numbers 1, 2 and 3.
---
"With each passing day, the world finds new and exciting ways to kill a man."
#12thelastmohiganPosted 3/22/2013 9:43:44 AM
XtraT posted...
Apparently DK, druid and monk tanks don't have to left click enemies.

I also would like to argue that pressing, holding and releasing W is harder than just pressing your charge hotkey.

To recap:

Warrior have to close the gap, presses 1 key.

DK have to close the gap, presses, hold, then releases 1 key.

To recap: TC asks for clicking advice and you only refer to keybinds
#13IqarP15Posted 3/22/2013 9:52:54 AM
My 1-2-3 is Charge with Warbringer Shield Slam with shield block macro and the shield slam magic buff removal glyph and Revenge followed by Devastate Heroic Strike Cleave. Basically I just button smash 3-4-5 followed by Shield Slam when its up or procs.
---
"SPOILERS"... If ppl call me a douche bag I reply "Well at least I'm scoring!"
#14BMac89Posted 3/22/2013 9:53:08 AM
take 2-3 days and focus on getting used to key-binding, you will enjoy the game much more.
---
I was on Intervention
#15XtraTPosted 3/22/2013 3:11:19 PM
thelastmohigan posted...
XtraT posted...
Apparently DK, druid and monk tanks don't have to left click enemies.

I also would like to argue that pressing, holding and releasing W is harder than just pressing your charge hotkey.

To recap:

Warrior have to close the gap, presses 1 key.

DK have to close the gap, presses, hold, then releases 1 key.

To recap: TC asks for clicking advice and you only refer to keybinds

well then replace pressing with clicking, silly republican.
---
Grand Marshal/Gladiator Priest, Lightplol.
PvE gladiator holy paladin, Lightp.
#16Dinodude007Posted 3/22/2013 3:56:08 PM
All of them. You will also be helping your raid when you need to click to taunt off the other tanks stacks bef...and he's dead.
---
Pokemon White FC: Chris -- 2623 2820 3100
#17CacofiendPosted 3/22/2013 6:02:54 PM
As long as you were confident and not half asleep or drunk any class would do.

Having tanked all classes myself I'd choose for a new starter tank who was concerned to go Paladin or DK myself. Warrior is also an option at lower levels but I'm not sure I'd recommend you swap from level 90 warrior dps to tank if you have never tanked before.

Bear/Monk I'd probably avoid unless you had tanked before. I could easily see how resource management of bears could cause some people problems and they also do suffer some problems against ranged/caster mobs. Easily overcome I grant you, mind if you had never tanked before you could encounter the occasional messy pull.

Best thing to do is pick a class you like the sound of and level it as a tank from 1 to 30 (of course except dks) and see if it looks like the kind of class for you.