This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Want to try healing for once, having trouble deciding on a class though.

#11shawn10000000Posted 3/22/2013 2:35:07 PM
Chrazid posted...
EDarien posted...
MrBigJohnson posted...
resto sham, dwarf

I cut off the ending, but yeah ... what this guy said.

But...but...that isn't Horde o.o
but... it's dwarf, so i will faction change.
#12Dinodude007Posted 3/22/2013 2:38:58 PM
Out of all the healing classes I have played, pally, druid, monk, shaman, I have never played a priest, I felt that Shaman was the easiest, especially during cata. However I feel that MW Monk is definitely the most fun.
---
Pokemon White FC: Chris -- 2623 2820 3100
#13Chrazid(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 2:39:34 PM
shawn10000000 posted...
Chrazid posted...
EDarien posted...
MrBigJohnson posted...
resto sham, dwarf

I cut off the ending, but yeah ... what this guy said.

But...but...that isn't Horde o.o
but... it's dwarf, so i will faction change.

I'd consider it if someone paid for a transfer, so I can keep my gold, my heirlooms, and be on a server that's not heavily horde-sided.
#14CacofiendPosted 3/22/2013 4:50:17 PM
If you are starting from level 1 and want to heal up to 90 I'd say go disc priest. Disc priest is proably the most forgiving healer to level as from start and if you get bored you can use the same gear to switch to shadow. Holy Pally is probably the 2nd most easy healer class to level as but if you get bored of pally heals then you are forced to carry around a 2nd set of gear so I'd probably advise against it.

If you have an existing level 90 character and just want to respec and jump straight into healing I'd say go holy pally.

You also may want to consider how you want to heal. Some people use the default UI, some use healing addons (vu-doh, grid+clique or healbot), some use mouse over macros (tidy plates addon is useful for this). For PvE I usually use healbot and PvP I tend to use tidy plates and mouse over macros.
#15Chrazid(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 5:10:02 PM
Well, if I heal as a Monk, I'll be starting from 62.
If I heal as a shaman it'll be 52
Anything else will be 85+
#16EDarienPosted 3/22/2013 5:20:43 PM
Chrazid posted...
<

I'd consider it if someone paid for a transfer, so I can keep my gold, my heirlooms, and be on a server that's not heavily horde-sided.

I think, if you really did want to transfer, you can load up your one character and his/her bank with your gold, heirlooms, etc. and then do a server transfer. That'd let you start a new healer on a new server with all your old resources. if you were serious about that, but it's probably not the best move unless you know the server you're moving to, ya know?

But honestly, I love Dwarves, so I really did end up liking Ally more than I realized I would. Big part of me is still Horde at heart, though. But it's easier with what Garrosh has become and how divided the Horde is right now.

Stay Horde, though, if you don't want the hassle of server transfer and the pop is really that bad on Ally your server. I still recommend Troll for that, though. For a healer, I'd imagine the spell haste is a better "Oh ****" racial button than the Orc Blood Fury. I guess there's Goblin, too. But I'm just not a fan. But I'm biased since I grew up in Jersey and the whole fake Jersey accent just gets on my nerves. Miss their old voices. It was more ... gobliny? haha.

As for the add-ons, that's a good point, actually. I personally used Healium. I hear healbot is good, but never tried it, myself. Healium just lets you put all your spells in a row, like an action bar, that you click. It's a pop up for your party and everybody's name is there in their healthbar and after their name is all your spells that you've loaded, in order. So you watch their health on their names and click the right heal for the job. The fast, but expensive one for immediate danger, the slow efficient most of the time, the HoT and Earth Shield (shaman only obviously) for the tank, etc. It even tells you how many charges of Earth Shield are left for whoever it's on. It's just on the opposite side than your spells. Very easy to use.

I personally didn't like Discipline very much. It was just boring. Although, I never really leveled it past 40ish, so keep that in mind that I don't know it end game. Up until then, though, it's literally just putting the bubble up on your tank and then DPSing with 2-3 spells. The occasional Renew, I guess. That's it.
---
On a scale of 1 to Voldemort, he's a "Doesn't have a nose, but doesn't know Evada Kedabra." - RAGEface14
#17LaManoNeraIIPosted 3/22/2013 6:30:09 PM
Why is Pally healing not fun?

I've healed on a Druid and Shaman and was bored on both.
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
#18That_70s_showPosted 3/22/2013 7:01:00 PM
Shammy. Only healer I've managed to get past 20-30. She's 65 right now, and amazingly fun.
---
http://i54.tinypic.com/210ds9s.jpg
Sig #8