This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

5.3 PVP: All characters now have a base Resilience of 65%.

#1ToadstoolPeachPosted 3/22/2013 6:49:36 PM(edited)
Also: Resilience has been removed from most PvP gear.

Incoming ****storm
#2thronedfire2Posted 3/22/2013 6:49:23 PM
Why would there be a s***storm? people with no gear will still get wrecked by geared out people
---
I could see you, but I couldn't hear you You were holding your hat in the breeze Turning away from me In this moment you were stolen...
#3ToadstoolPeach(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 6:51:48 PM
Sorry forgot they're removing resi from gear in 5.3
#4willzimPosted 3/22/2013 7:03:23 PM
Most of the gear.
---
Wii: 6733 2337 9948 3153 PS3: willbedone06
Xbox 360: willbedone05 Wii U: willbedone12
#5LaManoNeraIIPosted 3/22/2013 7:27:18 PM
Best change since flying mounts in Burning Crusade.
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
#6thronedfire2Posted 3/22/2013 7:36:00 PM
ToadstoolPeach posted...
Sorry forgot they're removing resi from gear in 5.3

lol, wtf?
---
I could see you, but I couldn't hear you You were holding your hat in the breeze Turning away from me In this moment you were stolen...
#7Right_Chus_1Posted 3/22/2013 7:44:58 PM
It doesnt matter what they do with pvp gear, at all..People who know how to play will still consistently beat people who dont know how to play, regardless of how you slice it.
#8thronedfire2Posted 3/22/2013 7:50:12 PM
Right_Chus_1 posted...
It doesnt matter what they do with pvp gear, at all..People who know how to play will still consistently beat people who dont know how to play, regardless of how you slice it.

That stops being true when the people who have no idea what they're doing can still have a 30% handicap.
---
#9dermoratrakenPosted 3/22/2013 8:15:43 PM
Surprising, but not unexpected. The exponential ilvl growth has been a problem since before mop, and the barrier for new pvpers is too high right now. I'm not sure this is the right answer as my holy paladin is able to tank fewer random noobs than ever before, which leads me to believe cc is the real problem rather than resilience. Blizz knows this though, but because they designed all healers around instant heals since cata and compensated dps with insane burst, the cc is necessary to keep both under control. Now every ungeared noob can get beat on through multiple ccs and still have a fighting chance like the rest of us!

Anyhow, it's interesting to see them implement resilence as a pvp mechanic and then remove it years later in favor of pvp power. The addition of an ilvl cap to pvp also greatly reduces the gear gap in the mid ratings range. I don't know any pvpers that are against removal of the gap entirely, but i think blizz is afraid participation would nosedive since wow is such an item driven game.
#10XtraTPosted 3/22/2013 8:24:27 PM
It's actually better that way, typical gfaqs scrub that don't know better about balance will whine about it though.
---
Grand Marshal/Gladiator Priest, Lightplol.
PvE gladiator holy paladin, Lightp.