This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

5.3 PVP: All characters now have a base Resilience of 65%.

#21RentedToolboxPosted 3/23/2013 7:16:00 AM
scarecrows posted...
Pvp is just a dumb mini game like pet battles. None of this matters to the real game.
#22RentedToolboxPosted 3/23/2013 7:22:41 AM
Anything that relieves griefing is good. I know I'm on a pvp server and all, but that doesn't mean I should be bullied during dailies by people loaded out for a completely different game type than I am.

If anything, this will make the pvp losers who say "it's all about skill" and not about how much time you put into getting resil gear (which, in fact, it is, just like in pve) put their money where their mouth is.
#23cute_latino009Posted 3/23/2013 11:36:08 AM
RentedToolbox posted...
Anything that relieves griefing is good. I know I'm on a pvp server and all, but that doesn't mean I should be bullied during dailies by people loaded out for a completely different game type than I am.

If anything, this will make the pvp losers who say "it's all about skill" and not about how much time you put into getting resil gear (which, in fact, it is, just like in pve) put their money where their mouth is.

You fight back. Get PvP gear. Quest with friends. It's a PvP server and you should really know what you got yourself into. Just like in any sport, you learn the rules and compete. In this case, get the gear and fight back.
#24GreatHammurabiPosted 3/23/2013 12:05:23 PM
RentedToolbox posted...

Although I don't think these changes are really bad at all, this is a ridiculous reasoning. If you weren't out for that 'game type' you should have rolled on a PvE server or xferred off.
---
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h81/GreatHammurabi/MySig.jpg
#25Myrkr_OrmrPosted 3/23/2013 12:52:13 PM
cute_latino009 posted...
RentedToolbox posted...

You fight back. Get PvP gear. Quest with friends. It's a PvP server and you should really know what you got yourself into. Just like in any sport, you learn the rules and compete. In this case, get the gear and fight back.

Yes it is a PVP server and we should expect to be PVP'ed at any time when were out doin our thing. the problem is a lot of people abuse the fact that it is world pvp and instead of actualling "PVPing" they harrass people, killing lowbies who cant fight back, camping their bodies, and making sure they cant get anything done, because their ego is too crappy otherwise. There is a difference between actual PVP and just plain jackassery towards others.
---
"What humans do not understand, they fear..and what humans fear, they attempt to destroy."~Goliath, GARGOYLES
DFO Main: MyrkrOrmr
#26flairePosted 3/23/2013 1:15:16 PM
We're just waiting to find out if they still give pvp gear an edge. Even a small one

Blizzard said this change is to combat declining participation in pvp
---
So many games......So little time.......
#27DawnshadowPosted 3/23/2013 1:46:37 PM
flaire posted...
We're just waiting to find out if they still give pvp gear an edge. Even a small one.

PvP power is the edge. It's not a part of the item level, it's a bonus on top of it. Because PvE gear is now hard capped to have no higher an item level than the best PvP gear, and it doesn't have PvP power, PvP gear will be better for most tasks.

The only exception I can think of offhand MAY be a plate flag carrier choosing PvE tank gear over the DPS-statted PvP gear, sacrificing damage for tanky stats, but that's very iffy.
---
I have a blog! Warcraft and other gamer musings.
http://oilstainedlibram.wordpress.com/
#28B1g_ClownPosted 3/23/2013 1:46:38 PM
RentedToolbox posted...
scarecrows posted...
Pvp is just a dumb mini game like pet battles. None of this matters to the real game.

---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjJi5xhAOzQ