This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

MoP system requirements

#1windowFAQsPosted 3/22/2013 8:15:53 PM
Does MoP require a stronger PC to play than the old expansions?

My friend has not upgraded since it came out because he says his older PC might not handle it. I didn't notice any difference on my PC when I upgraded.
#2CapnCrunch1Posted 3/22/2013 8:17:10 PM
I haven't noticed any difference. I think all the graphical changes came from Cata such as water and the light changes.
#3wowkirinPosted 3/22/2013 9:17:43 PM
I play on all ultra settings and my FPS drops to around 40 in pandaria

i5 2500k
gtx 660
8gb 1333mhz ram
#4toolittletimePosted 3/22/2013 10:19:48 PM
Cruising along at 90fps and then for no good reason it drops to below 20, was a pretty constant 60fps up until 5.2.
I can run much more demanding games at decent fps with no issues.
---
"Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it."
Mark Twain
#5ChaoticKanePosted 3/23/2013 3:44:38 AM
windowFAQs posted...
Does MoP require a stronger PC to play than the old expansions?

My friend has not upgraded since it came out because he says his older PC might not handle it. I didn't notice any difference on my PC when I upgraded.

Yes, a little bit. As the game goes on and new expansions are released, textures and models are becoming more complex and fleshed out which eats up more fps. Compare say the human model to the pandaren model, the pandaren is a faaaaar more complex model with far more polygons and better textures, so pandaria is a more resource intensive area for your computer than the cataclysm zones, just as the cata zones were more intensive than wrath, and so on.
---
But lets not forget how deadly the zerg were in Starship troopers! Well until the Terrans got Marauders. - julbull73