This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So, every single one of my dungeons in the last three days (low level)

#1TheGreatCheezePosted 3/22/2013 9:30:43 PM
The tanks have either been Ret Paladins who don't know what AoE is or Fury Warriors using two handers who don't know what AoE is. I know for the most part low level dungeons are fail proof, but there's still a limit to how stupid the group can be without wiping.

Really makes me wish every class could tank so I wouldn't have to worry about it on my DPS/Healing classes.

Also am I missing something or is 2H Fury okay for leveling? Because that has been the most common by far.
---
I follow people around on their slow mounts and say "CAN'T LET YOU DO THAT, STAR FOX!"
-Cereburus Q
#2shawn10000000Posted 3/22/2013 9:52:46 PM
generally when people have a 2 hander as fury they have a 2nd one for when titans grip opens up. also cheese topic possibly maybe idk
#3LanceFlugermanPosted 3/22/2013 9:55:17 PM
That's how I troll.
---
Damn, GameFAQs is dying.
#4TheGreatCheeze(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 10:12:14 PM
shawn10000000 posted...
generally when people have a 2 hander as fury they have a 2nd one for when titans grip opens up. also cheese topic possibly maybe idk

No no, you must be thinking of my Mexican cousin, QuesoBlanco. I'm not good enough at trolling to be a...troll.

Doesn't titans grip open up at 40? These guys are like level 30 with no heirlooms.
---
I follow people around on their slow mounts and say "CAN'T LET YOU DO THAT, STAR FOX!"
-Cereburus Q
#5Emerald_WyvernPosted 3/22/2013 10:15:48 PM
Don't feel bad. I just ran Shadowfang Keep and the Gnome Priest didn't know how to heal and kept pulling mobs. Luckily, my Shaman was decent enough to swap to Heal for the dungeon.
---
"Hey I know! I'll use my trusty frying pan.. as a drying pan!" - Brock
#6TheGreatCheeze(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 10:17:26 PM
Emerald_Wyvern posted...
Don't feel bad. I just ran Shadowfang Keep and the Gnome Priest didn't know how to heal and kept pulling mobs. Luckily, my Shaman was decent enough to swap to Heal for the dungeon.

I just switched to Resto from Elemental so I could at least know we had a competent healer, I would absolutely love a Shaman tank spec though.
---
-Cereburus Q
#7KokeiiPosted 3/22/2013 10:21:01 PM
TheGreatCheeze posted...
Emerald_Wyvern posted...

I just switched to Resto from Elemental so I could at least know we had a competent healer, I would absolutely love a Shaman tank spec though.

When you see people doing stuff like this in low level dungeons, who do not have heirlooms, there's a good chance they're just totally new players who genuinely don't know what they're supposed to be doing yet. With how fast you level now, getting to level 30 can be done in a pretty short amount of time, so they could just be a few days into their WoW experience.
#8TheGreatCheeze(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 11:11:08 PM
Kokeii posted...
TheGreatCheeze posted...
Emerald_Wyvern posted...

When you see people doing stuff like this in low level dungeons, who do not have heirlooms, there's a good chance they're just totally new players who genuinely don't know what they're supposed to be doing yet. With how fast you level now, getting to level 30 can be done in a pretty short amount of time, so they could just be a few days into their WoW experience.

This is true, and there were actually a couple who had no idea what was going on and I helped them out but the others just said stuff like "lol" and "faster queue times"
---
-Cereburus Q
#9DawnshadowPosted 3/23/2013 1:07:51 AM(edited)
Why would someone be queuing as a ret tank at a level where prot is higher damage thanks to being the only spec with an AoE that soon (along with being better at tanking?)

That said, a ret paladin should be able to tank the classic (non-revamped) lowbie dungeons just fine-- remember that, in classic, you really didn't get your spec's abilities until rather late in the leveling process, tanks were not crit immune until they had enough endgame gear to be defense capped, and dual spec wouldn't exist for a very long time.
---
I have a blog! Warcraft and other gamer musings.
http://oilstainedlibram.wordpress.com/
#10NtheRiddlePosted 3/23/2013 1:21:28 AM
You get TG at 34 now...
---
.....umm .....yeah
"All the facts in the world don't change the fact that there are NO... MORE... TWINKIES!" - Foamy