This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's the point of the resil change?

#1AllGodsDiePosted 3/23/2013 2:04:51 AM
Still gonna use pvp gear for the pvp power.

Why does blizzard even feel the need to bring pvp and pve closer? They should be separate. How hard is it just to make a back cap on conquest points? That'd easily solve the qq over people having problems getting into seasons late. There is literally no need to do anything outside of that item wise. Seems to me, the issue is more the overabundance of cc and burst at the moment. Just go play a 2s for a nice laugh. 40 minute match where two healers cc each other into the ground the whole fight.

Anyways, I find it funny all the pve kids are celebrating as if this means they can just waddle in with their raid gear. Besides, why take the pvp gear progression away? Wouldn't be fair if pve had its progression but pvp didn't have it's own. It baffles me that people think pvp gear is stupid. If pvp revolved around pve gear it would be even less skill based, the gap between player gear would be massive.
---
Xboxtags-KarmaRetention/Pebble7880.
Steam-Allgodsdie
#2XtraTPosted 3/23/2013 2:07:42 AM
to make arenas more accessible

before you had 80 teams in glad range, now you have 20
---
Grand Marshal/Gladiator Priest, Lightplol.
PvE gladiator holy paladin, Lightp.
#3Glockass1Posted 3/23/2013 2:09:30 AM
XtraT posted...

I'm still sad that I won't be able to crit for over 300k with my CBs on PvE targets :/
---
Steam ID: Glockass1
#4AllGodsDie(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 2:10:21 AM
Glockass1 posted...
XtraT posted...

I'm still sad that I won't be able to crit for over 300k with my CBs on PvE targets :/

True, I guess world pvp will be pretty different now.
---
Steam-Allgodsdie
#5RentedToolboxPosted 3/23/2013 7:27:35 AM
Questers are tired of getting griefed. Resilience was a terrible idea from the get go. If it really is about skill, you shouldn't need a gear handicap specifically for pvp.
#6TheAncientMonkPosted 3/23/2013 9:30:34 AM
Yeah, I agree with the Toolbox.
#7AllGodsDie(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 10:33:58 AM(edited)
RentedToolbox posted...
Questers are tired of getting griefed. Resilience was a terrible idea from the get go. If it really is about skill, you shouldn't need a gear handicap specifically for pvp.

So your saying pvp gear should be removed because your tired of being ganked? This is a rpg and gear is a component of it. Calling it a handicap is a joke. Why are you acting like if that gear didn't exist it would be skill based pvp? It wouldn't. The raiders and people with the most pve progress would dominate in pvp. That's the whole reason resil was created in the first place, because pvp was too gear based during vanilla and early burning. Anyways, it really doesn't matter that they removed resil. If you want to do well you are still going to need pvp power. The only difference now is pve gear will be hitting harder than it use to.
---
Steam-Allgodsdie
#8Glockass1Posted 3/23/2013 10:36:20 AM
AllGodsDie posted...
RentedToolbox posted...

So your saying pvp gear should be removed because your tired of being ganked? This is a rpg and gear is a component of it. Calling it a handicap is a joke. Why are you acting like if that gear didn't exist it would be skill based pvp? It wouldn't. The raiders and people with the most pve progress would dominate in pvp. That's the whole reason resil was created in the first place, because pvp was too gear based during vanilla and early burning. Anyways, it really doesn't matter that they removed resil. If you want to do well you are still going to need pvp power. The only difference now is pve gear will be hitting harder than it use to.

What? PvP gear will still be better since all gear will be down scaled to 496. Some PvE trinkets might be better, sure, but normal gear, no.
---
Steam ID: Glockass1
#9AllGodsDie(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 10:41:00 AM
Glockass1 posted...
AllGodsDie posted...
RentedToolbox posted...

What? PvP gear will still be better since all gear will be down scaled to 496. Some PvE trinkets might be better, sure, but normal gear, no.

I didn't say it wouldn't be. I know that. :p
---
Steam-Allgodsdie
#10DawnshadowPosted 3/23/2013 12:05:45 PM
If my thoughts on the possible reasoning are correct, I am storngly in favor of this change.

I think the thought behind this is so that people who are new to PvP (and don't have honor gear) will at least have the chance to do SOMETHING, and not just be free honor to the enemy team-- as it currently stands, until you grind out a full honor set you're actually dragging your team down, but you also need to PvP to get your honor gear in the first place. You won't do much damage with no PvP power backing up your attacks, but at least you'll be able to contribute while you're grinding your basic gear set-- interrupting healers, snaring flag carriers, and so on.

Because PvP power doesn't contribute to the item level and high end PvE gear will be downscaled to the same stats as PvP gear minus the PvP power (note that the maximum item level is the best item level PvP gear can have, so that will never be downscaled. Even PvE geared healers will have a disadvantage, because of the lack of PvP power.)
---
I have a blog! Warcraft and other gamer musings.
http://oilstainedlibram.wordpress.com/