This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Leveling through pet battles?

#1DarkMasterBozelPosted 3/23/2013 3:49:39 PM
I am thinking of returning to this game.

I heard about this pet battle systems and I wonder how valid is it to level a character up not only the pets by mainly doing pet battles as in do they grant good xp, if at all?
#2EDarienPosted 3/23/2013 3:53:56 PM
I'll let someone who's done it tell you details, but it's very viable from what I've read. So if that's your plan, just know it's possible and viable. Someone here recently said that's what s/he did, actually. I think Crystalsong forest had the level 23-24 pets he was dueling to finish up his leveling when he was done. Max, if you didn't know, is 25 for pets.
---
On a scale of 1 to Voldemort, he's a "Doesn't have a nose, but doesn't know Evada Kedabra." - RAGEface14
#3DarkMasterBozel(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 3:57:25 PM
And his or her character was level 90 in the end of it?
#4EDarienPosted 3/23/2013 4:00:36 PM
I found it:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/534914-world-of-warcraft/65739954

I'm sorry, but it looks like he only leveled 85-90 that way, not necessarily the whole way. But still, that'd be the longest/hardest part so that says something, doesn't it?

Still, that's his thread if you want to check it out.

Good luck.
---
On a scale of 1 to Voldemort, he's a "Doesn't have a nose, but doesn't know Evada Kedabra." - RAGEface14
#5CacofiendPosted 3/23/2013 5:07:27 PM
Questing is still quicker but it does help get you through some anoying hurdles quicker. It definately helped me level my druid alt last night from 78 to 80 as I couldn't really face questing in northrend for the 10th million time again.

I dare say at low levels especially with heirlooms you could get a fair bit of xps just from mining, herbing, archy and doing pet battles with the odd instance for quests and possibly pvp. I'll let someone who has done it all the way comment.